Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

ouch! - Shag serigraph

Pages: 1 25 replies

If anyone is interested in the Shag 12 serigraph collection from the "Twelve Stations of Ptolomy" show at La Luz de Jesus in LA, it will cost $1450. I suppose that is a bargan at $120.83 per print.

Oh and according to the website, each of the paintings went for $6,000 each.

C

Doh!

[ Edited by: Cultjam on 2003-09-04 15:38 ]

I

With 12 stations, each corresponding to a Zodiac sign, my guess is that these drawings will end up in a future Shag calendar.

One calendar takes up much less wall space (and is cheaper)than 12 serigraphs.

On the other hand, it might be nice to own all 12 serigraphs - then I could rotate them around, based on the Zodiac sign of whatever woman I was dating.

Vern

C

There are going to be 200 sets of 12 available. I'd like to go in with other TC'ers for a set if there's a local willing to pool our funds. I'm after the Scorpio print.

Sign me Determined and Forceful,

(Hah! I'm more like ensnared and obsessed)

I

With 12 stations, each corresponding to a Zodiac sign, my guess is that these drawings will end up in a future Shag calendar.

One calendar takes up much less wall space (and is cheaper)than 12 serigraphs.

On the other hand, it might be nice to own all 12 serigraphs - then I could rotate them around, based on the Zodiac sign of whatever woman I was dating.

Vern

On 2003-09-04 15:48, Cultjam wrote:
There are going to be 200 sets of 12 available. I'd like to go in with other TC'ers for a set if there's a local willing to pool our funds. I'm after the Scorpio print.

Cultjam,

That sounds like a good idea. If this is successful, I'd be interested in Virgo or Gemini.

MC

Thats a good idea, but I can't afford it now. Here's a peek of the art: http://www.laluzdejesus.com/

Cultjam, if you are serious I would like Pisces. I would pay extra for the trouble you take in distributing the serigraph.

[ Edited by: Rock-A-Tiki on 2003-09-23 07:56 ]

ouch!

Not for $250 serigraphs, but for the shared/split price of the prints ($120.83 plus costs), I'll take the Leo one, Cultjam. (Gift for a multi-cat owning Leo friend. That picture is HER to a T!)

Thanks! I hope we find takers for all 12.
AND
Can we find a local who also wants one of the 12 and can get them for us? PLEEZ?

TIKI: Now, more than ever
http://www.clouseaux.com

[ Edited by: Formikahini on 2003-09-07 08:15 ]

If we can pool our resources, I would be up for two of the prints: Cancer and Gemini.

C

I'm wondering if it might cost the same to ship the folio rather than pay the sales tax. I'll call tomorrow and ask if the gallery will ship.

C

Per the De La Luz website, the Folio is sold out. :(

That truly is amazing. We'll see how many scalpers there were amoung the buyers.

I think the originals are sold out, not the folios. It seems you can only get them by going to the gallery.

C

The website says "The Seriagraph Folio is SOLD OUT". If that's not entirely true, Lu-z got some esplaining to do!! :wink:

La Luz de Jesus website

So did anyone buy the folio and is willing to break it up for TCers?

We called this weekend and La-Luz says they only got 50 Folios. So where did the rest of them go?
It was a run of 200, correct?

C

La Luz just confirmed they were supposed to get 200 but only got 50. She (person answering the phone and being very nice about my bothering her) has no idea why she didn't get the other 150 or what will happen to them. Hmmm...

So I called Shagmart. They will be selling them sometime this week, but aren't sure which day. So don't buy one on eBay yet, there'll be more flooding the market soon enough.

Thanks CultJam

Makes me wonder if La-Luz is disapointed they didn't get the profit margin on another 100 or so folios. In addition, Shagmart usually adds 15-25% to the price as incentive for fans to buy from the gallery openings. So it may be a bit more than $1450.

Hmm, if that's so, I'd need to know the upped price before I could commit to still getting the Leo one for my friend. I love her $120.83-plus-costs worth, but I don't know if I love her $200 worth! :)

M

SHAGmart will sell them for $1800 I am told. I'm up for Cancer and/or Virgo if we can put it together.

Hi Guys

La Luz now has a resupply of Folios and is selling them for the aforementioned $1,800. I do not know if Shagmart is still going to sell them or not.

I'm up for a Capricorn

C

Shag has donated one set of the Zodiac prints which are now being sold separately on eBay. Funds from those auctions will go to different charities. So far, many of the prints are still below the $150 minimum it would cost to buy and split them out.

S
SES posted on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 5:55 PM

Cool thanks! I'm bidding on Taurus.
:wink:

Pages: 1 25 replies