Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The Voyages of Captain Cook

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

So I am almost finished reading a book on the voyages of Captain Cook. It's not very in depth at all, more like "then he went to Easter Island and saw some big statues. Then he went..."

Anyway, does anyone reccomend any particular books about Captain Cook? And why are his journals so expensive? Hasn't anyone ever relesed them cheaply? $1,500 for a set of books is too rich for my blood! Hell, I could go to Easter Island myself for that kind of dough! Well, almost.

And here's another thing - why has no one ever made a movie (besides a mini series) about Captain Cook?

I guess I'll just have to do it myself. Pass the tanning lotion and the coconut bra, please.

You could order the abridged version. I know it's only 672 pages, but it's a start, and it'll save you $1490 over the unabridged version.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0140436472/102-2731281-9723322?v=glance

K
Kenike posted on Fri, Sep 5, 2003 8:48 PM

I suppose it depends on how in-depth you want to get on the subject. I just read the biography by Richard Hough and thought it was pretty good (for me anyway). However, every book I've read that talks about the Kealakekua Bay fiasco has a completely different take on why things happened as they did.

Oh, and if you do make a movie, can I be one of the sailors that gets all the girls in Tahiti?

:drink:

[ Edited by: Juno on 2003-09-05 20:48 ]

[ Edited by: Juno on 2003-09-05 20:51 ]

UB

Pages: 1 3 replies