Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Cal Tikis at Purple Orchid Oct. 12

Pages: 1 18 replies

Keep your calendar open for the Cal Tikis at Purple Orchid Sunday, October 12, 6 to 9 pm.

Purple Orchid is located at 221 Richmond Street in El Segundo, just south of LAX.
From the 405 take El Segundo Blvd. toward the ocean. Just as your thirst peaks, turn right on Richmond.

The Cal Tikis play exotica the way you like it. Waving, splashing, slithering, writhing, cresting, crashing. No wait, that's the bartender.

[ Edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2003-10-02 13:37 ]

[ Edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2003-10-02 13:40 ]

I heard this band is supposed to be pretty cool--and a chance to throw back a few at the Purple Orchid...who's going?

T

Cool! And I'm waaaaay overdue for a nite at Purple Orchid....!

I called the Psychic Hotline, but they had no idea what city the Purple Orchid was at.
Could someone please give me a clue?
Thanks

It's only been a few nights since I was there last, and like Pup, I'm waaaaay overdue, too.

Johnnie

I haven't been to the P.O. in several months. I'll definitely try and make this one!

MB

Unga Bunga wrote:[/i]
I called the Psychic Hotline, but they had no idea what city the Purple Orchid was at.
Could someone please give me a clue?
Thanks

If you can't read, you can't come. Sorry, couldn't help myself :)
ALOHA Dave and Rebecca!

[ Edited by: Mrs. B on 2003-10-04 00:00 ]

T

K-Mart has a special on clues right now?
Clue Clue Clue(say it like you are calling a dog)
Here boy "CLUE"
Mrs. BZ Do you have to say "I'm SORRY"
everytime you post now?

H

Very funny guys, but when Unga Bunga posted, the location wasn't in Dave's post -- if you look at the edit time on the original post, it was altered after Unga Bunga posted to add the city for him.

So now you really owe an apology! :wink:

(please don't hurt me)

Ya ya but, one who has 400+ posts (and is all over the forums) should know what city the Purple Orchid is in. (I'd call it even now.)

....or you could have looked at my calendar. 99% of the time I will have everything from times to an address & phone number..

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

TC motto

No slack 4 no one!
!!come and get it!!

Sounds like it's time for Purple Orchid to be added to "Locating Tiki"!

[ Edited by: UtopianDreem on 2003-10-05 22:50 ]

DZ

I think we're waiting for Wersmo Derinc to add it - it's his bar!!

(C'mon, Dave - time for some self-promotion!!)

CA

you all have fun... i'll be in Scottsdale for a wedding... crap'o... the guys heading up this band are good folks tell all to go, let me know how it was.

Regarding the location of the Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge. When you are anywhere near LAX or the South Bay beach cities look for the plume of smoke coming from the Scattergood electrical generation plant. Follow the smoke as it almost always flows inland even when the wind is against it. When you see the Chevron oil refinery stay to the north and when you can smell the Hyperion water treatment plant go west. Then ask anyone on the sreet "where is the Purple Orchid?" They will send you to a semi-secret location on Main Street in front of the police station. Use your social skills to attract their attention, ask one of the police officers "where is the Purple Orchid?" After making bail, walk to the corner of the street south of the door they tossed you out of, turn right, go to the next street, turn left and you can see the oil refinery again. Walk straight as best you can and we are on the right hand side of the street.

If this does not work call (310) 322-5829 and ask for directions. We have a limited bail budget so don't make the cops mad.

For those of you with a map we are at 221 Richmond Sreet, El Segundo. Some tourist maps call the city Mayberry By the Sea. I think it is a mistranslation of the Swedish phrase for "drink there because the bail is low relative to the quality of the Mai Tai."

Dave

[ Edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2003-10-09 09:10 ]

Is there a dumpster in the back in case we need to spend the night?? Preferrably with one of those trap door/skylights? Those have always been my favorite.

Thank you Dave and Rebecca for such a nice evening of fabulous drinks and some cool grooves, me and Cheeky really enjoyed your hospitality. And the decor is top drawer!! It was nice finally getting to meet some of the Tiki peoples I've been reading about. You all are a really nice bunch of people. Thank you.

Big Dave from The Cal-Tikis here...
I just want to thank everyone that came down to the Orchid on Sunday, we had fun playin' for y'all. And we hope to see you there again soon ........

Pages: 1 18 replies