Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 2023: The Enchanted Sea

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

Sorry I didn't make it to the TC Meet up party. I went to Vendor area first and got caught up talking with Holden from Tiki Farm and then I kept running into more friends and catching up, and before I knew it it was way past TC meet up time.

A new comedy series similar to The Odd Couple and Turner and Hooch, going to be airing on CBS in the fall.

GRUBnGROG

[ Edited by ernimator on 2023-08-22 00:21:10 ]

[ Edited by ernimator on 2023-08-22 00:21:45 ]

I would watch television for this.

E

Ok Tiki Central, I try not to post anything negative on the internet however…. I need to vent... We attended the seminar regarding the return of Don the Beachcomber at Tiki Oasis. We were excited to learn Danny Gallardo was involved with the project. Talk about pumped….. after the seminar we made a beeline for the marketplace to buy some Don the Beachcomber swag. We recently used the “MaiTai” glasses we had purchased. I will tell your that we were incredibly disillusioned when washing them we discovered they weren’t painted. It was a cheap decal on the glass which came off with what is apparently an incredibly corrosive mixture of tap water and Dawn dish dish soap. If anyone else was foolish enough to waste their money on the glasses, apparently you can’t wash them.

IMG_6212

Weird, even the freebie little glasses from the talk were better made. Write and complain?

A

Wow, that really sucks! How much did you pay for those glasses? I'd definitely contact them and complain about such cheap stuff

E

Arrrggghhh, I honestly don't remember how much we paid for the glasses. In all fairness, We drank alot at the event. To whom should I complain to? I guess I could look in the Tiki Oasis schedule and email whomever hosted the seminar......work to do. Thank you both for letting me commiserate!

Pages: 1 2 54 replies