Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Bloomsburg, PA Community Luau - 9/9/23

Pages: 1 3 replies

BB

Aloha!

I've been absent from TC for far, far too long, but for good reason - all my Tiki energy has been devoted to organizing this year's Bloomsburg Community Luau, Saturday September 9, at the Town Park in Bloomsburg, PA!

New this year - admission to the Luau event is FREE, with the only cost being the option of the Kalua pig roast and buffet on site. We are adding tropical activities and games, as well as an Outdoor Tiki Lounge decorating contest! Participants will have an 8x8 foot plot to build their best Tiki entertaining space.

Returning will be live music by the Pahu Grunts Exotica Orchestra, as well as a performance by a local dance school. Admission to the open-air screening of Blue Hawaii at dusk is open to all!

Details, updates, and soon an event post are available at the Facebook Page: @BloomsburgCommunityLuau. I'll make sure to keep everyone here updated as well!

Luau_Flyer8.5.11

Hope any TC Ohana in the region can make it!

BB
BB

Getting closer by the day! Wanted to make an update to say that plans are progressing SO much better than they were this time last year. We have overcome many hurdles, and with the support of several influential and helpful members of the community, the Luau is still a go! If you happen to be within a day trip of Columbia County PA, we all would love to have you stop by for the fun!

BB

Almost there! This Saturday at 6PM the Bloomsburg Community Luau is full steam ahead!

Screenshot_20230907-092024_Drive Screenshot_20230907-062126_Drive Screenshot_20230907-062114_Drive

There will be several Community groups offering tropical-themed activities, a Tiki Lounge Decorating Contest, and of course a whole Kalua pork roast with Mac salad, purple sweet potatoes, chicken pineapple rice, fresh fruit, haupia squares, and Queen Charlotte Fruit Punch!

Here's a sample of the live music that will be offered by the Pahu Grunts Exotica Orchestra:

VIDEO ON FACEBOOK

Hope to see you there!

[ Edited by Bam Bam on 2023-09-07 06:21:19 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies