Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC gathering at Tiki Oasis SD 2023

Pages: 1 2 74 replies

Oh good, so if someone runs into Sven and invites him, we won’t be breaking any rules….

On a related note, maulrat and Dana will be coming.

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Aug 3, 2023 8:20 AM

It sounds like GROG/ernimator may make it after all.

Oohhh…that would be awesome!!!!

PineappleWhip do we have a room number for our meet up yet?

2 more day!

Thanks for the reminder Hangin out with Hamo and the ever beautiful [@Mele Ipo] at main stage… …and am reminded to write the room number is #1616 Main tower (Palm Tower) 6th floor….next to main elevator We can’t wait to meet everyone!!

I was so very excited to meet everyone. Turns out my volunteer shift is tomorrow 8:30 to 3pm. So I will have to miss it. 😢

But look for me near the fire pit tonight. We plan on bringing cup noodles for late night snacking.

M

Hey all. We have a 12oclock seminar tomorrow but certainly try to make this. It’s sounds fun!

It was great to meet with all of you! Hamo, thank you for your mixology service! PineappleWhip thank you and Mele for EVERYTHING! Thanks for arranging this meetup, for providing the room and all the wonderful ambience. I hope we didn't leave to much of a mess for you. See you all again next year!

It was great to meet with all of you! Hamo, thank you for your mixology service! PineappleWhip thank you and Mele for EVERYTHING! Thanks for arranging this meetup, for providing the room and all the wonderful ambience. I hope we didn't leave to much of a mess for you. See you all again next year!

Don’t worry, Mike—I cleaned up, too….

It was my great pleasure to meet you and everyone else. MAHALO!

Thank you Hamo!

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Aug 5, 2023 6:50 PM

Did you miss the meetup? You can pretend that you were there by making the drink. The first version was not good, but we workshopped it with the amazing people in attendance, then I tweaked it one more time. I think this turned out pretty good.

Named by PineappleWhip, a nice homage to the creator of the official TC drink. I couldn’t find a jigger, so it’s all in parts.

Kick It Up a Notch

2 parts Hamilton White Stache
1 part Flor de Cana 7
1 part Zaya Gran Reserva
1 part lime juice
1 part lemon juice
2 parts fassionola
1/4 part Licor 43
1/4 part amaretto
1/8 part pimento dram
Hamilton 151 (float)

Roll with ice and pour into a glass over ice. Float 151.

[ Edited by Hamo on 2023-08-05 19:02:18 ]

Great drink, and great to meet everyone.

Hamo do you plan to post the other recipes you made for your room party? I think you said the peach one won a Tiki Oasis drink of the year award, are those award-winners online anywhere?

Oh, you mean the drinks that actually tasted good…? Those were from PineappleWhip. I haven’t checked Tiki Time Warp for the past winner, but you could ask him nicely, he may give you them both.

PS, great to meet you and the missus.

Mixmaster Whip, would you please crack open your book of potions and share a few of your award-winning concoctions?

And thanks, I’ll try your final drink once I recover for a few days. ;) Great to meet you, too.

[ Edited by BlackWater on 2023-08-06 19:37:48 ]

M

Thank you again for having us over. I’m sorry we couldn’t stay longer. We’re still very much TO noobs. It’s very nice to meet all of you. Already looking forward to next year!

Also we’ll be making ‘Kick it up a notch’ at home!

Thanks again to everyone for making this happen - PineappleWhip and Mele for hosting and Hamo for the idea, and everyone for showing up! It was great to meet everyone (even though it turns out we actually met our gracious hosts previously) and actually have a little time to chat with most of you. Sorry I mostly missed you Maulrat - I felt like I keep seeing you guys all week but never actually met.

The new drink recipe looks much improved, will have to try the updated version sometime.

And extra Mahalos to MadDog for the amazing cookies - I was kicking myself later for not filling my pockets!

We really enjoyed the TC gathering...maybe more than our room party !! We actually had a chance to chat a bit and meet everyone :) We are panning to go next year, and do another room, but, most likely scale it down a bit, concentrate more on the bar program, and less on the decor...lol

Thanks Hamo for starting the (hopefully) Annual TC Gathering :) !!! We now have a year to plan for the next one !!

MadDogMike and Mrs MadDog, thank you so much for the cookies, they were delicious, and seems to have found their way back with us. Wish bamalamalu had taken some more....that is a lot of amazing cookies to eat.

Also, I forgot who brought the bottle of Plantation...but, it remained unopened. It is with us in our care....and as it didn't make it into the recipe for "Kick It Up A Notch" ...it can be returned at some point. ..or.. depending on it's donators wishes...it can be kept for next TC Gathering ?? We can create a box of TC Gathering offerings, and bring it next time.....a bit of legacy from the 1st Annual into the next?

maulrat so great to have a small chance to chat with you both.....as bama said, seeing you all week, and finally getting a chance to chat a bit more was nice.

Blackwater I will post recipes of the drinks we had in our room party. Yes, the Peach one was from Jason Asher (Undertow in AZ) from his Tiki Oasis Suite Party in 2017. there is a bit more info about it on the webpage www.tikitimewarp.com

bamalamalu and Ted, great to meet you both, and look forward to seeing you at other events

Cheers!!

The TC party was the highlight for us, too. It was great to meet everyone.

PW the Plantation is yours to drink, thanks for hosting. I’ll bring more next year :)

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Aug 12, 2023 2:54 PM

I didn't take any pictures, so if you did, please post them here!

Sorry I didn't make it to the TC Meet up party. I went to Vendor area first and got caught up talking with Holden from Tiki Farm and then I kept running into more friends and catching up, and before I knew it it was way past TC meet up time.

Hamo I do have a few pics. Here they are below....

The 1st Annual TC Gathering at Tiki Oasis SD 2023 IMG_2860

...another pic of the 1st Annual TC Gathering at Tiki Oasis 2023 IMG_2861

...some of the ingredients gathered for the Spontaneous cocktail at the 1st Annual TC Gathering IMG_2864

....Hamo mixing up the "Kick It Up a Notch" - 1st TC Gathering spontaneous cocktail. IMG_2865

...found one more pic of the group!! maybe next year we can get more organized with pictures, meeting place, etc. IMG_2870

...also found a few pics of the drink "Kick It Up A Notch" IMG_2871 IMG_2872

...one small edit, Mele Ipo and I want to apologize that the room was a bit of a mess, after our room party, things got a bit messy...apologies, and thank you everyone for understanding. :)

Honestly both Mele Ipo and I agree with everyone that this was a highlight, of all of Tiki Oasis this year. It was truly fantastic to have some time to meet everyone and have a chance to talk. Oasis is crazy fun, with lots of music and shenanigans, but, the TC gathering was genuinely special to have some quality time with everyone.

Great idea Hamo, and I hope you want to continue it !!

[ Edited by PineappleWhip on 2023-08-22 08:23:58 ]

[ Edited by PineappleWhip on 2023-08-22 08:39:10 ]

You were missed, but glad you were still able to make to Oasis and catch up with others.

Thank you; these are great pics.

I agree--the TC meetup was one the my highlights of another great Tiki Oasis.

Pages: 1 2 74 replies