Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

POLYNESIAN FRONTIER

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

Does anyone have any information on this place? I'm coming up completely empty. Found it randomly while searching for something else.Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 6.52.28 AM

I think Frontier was part of the phone number, like in old movies where they'd tell the operator to call KLondike 5-5684 or whatever, the first two letters of the word corresponded to the numbers (KL on a phone is 55)

so the place was probably just called The Polynesian

That'll probably make it even harder to find now as there were probably a zillion places called the Polynesian back in the day, not to mention most search results will be around the Disney hotel with the same name.

I think Frontier was part of the phone number, like in old movies where they'd tell the operator to call KLondike 5-5684 or whatever, the first two letters of the word corresponded to the numbers (KL on a phone is 55)

so the place was probably just called The Polynesian

That'll probably make it even harder to find now as there were probably a zillion places called the Polynesian back in the day, not to mention most search results will be around the Disney hotel with the same name.

Hello There, I found this other Thread in Locating Tiki with more information on The Polynesian restaurant .

There may be other threads on TikiCentral as well.

[ Edited by SBJiminyC on 2023-07-19 07:06:37 ]

T

Thanks guys. You're absolutely right and I had this place in my files all along. This is what I get for looking at this stuff too early in the morning. FRONTIER is definitely part of the phone number lol. Thanks again!!!

TikiSOX don't feel bad, only us old folks would catch that reference LOL When I was growing up in the 60s out phone prefix was Flanders. Usually the first 2 letters we capitalized, our number was FLanders5-1624. My parents had the same number until they passed a few years back

Pages: 1 5 replies