Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Anyone familiar with this Tiki Craftsman?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I checked out the Seal Beach Sandcastle Festival last weekend. There was an artist festival area, and I came across this artist who makes these cool Tiki masks from palm frond bases. Also makes bamboo signs. His setup is known as Friki Tikis, Capistrano Beach. (949) 489-0065

I picked up this mask for $30:

Anyone know of him?

Holy Moly! These tiki names are confusing to me sometimes. First the thread title "Tiki Craftsman" had me thinking that Sears was getting into tiki, then Friki Tikis sounded familiar, until it hit me that that is the name of the group that plays with King Kukulele.

I'll probably remember where else I saw the name either in the middle of the night or in the middle of an important meeting...it happens like that.

BTW, the mask (to me) looks more voodoo-ish than tiki. It is cool and will look great at the SEIR!

I've seen alot of palm frond masks, but that one kinda takes it somewhere else. Very cool.

Heard about him and he called me up once for some 411. Nice dude,and have seen his masks around since a couple of years ago.

Hey Trader Pup,

Isn't that the same mask you were going to give to Bong if he would've come to the Grand opening of the West Indies Room?

(can I still pick it up?)

Pages: 1 4 replies