Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

2nd Annual So Cali Ukulele Festival

Pages: 1 19 replies

On Saturday, October 18th at Tracy High School - 12222 Cuesta Dr, Cerritos CA.

There'll be continuous entertainment on stage; Open Mike Area; Culture: History of the Ukulele and Hawaiian language; food; workshops and demonstrations - all level ukulele, Tin Pan Alley songs, Hula, Slack Key guitar, Hawaiian Steel Guitar (Yeah!); Vendors.

Entertainers will be: KING KUKULELE! as MC; Janet Klein, Ian Whitcomb, and Kaulana Ka Hale Kula 'O Na Pua 'O Ka 'Aina (or Bob for short).

Be there or be Houpu Ka Aina Mai Ke Hano Hano Kai'na Ke Palo Lekala Ala!

Shine the crawl!!! I wana learn the Uke!!

What time ???

Ben,

The shindig starts at 9:30am and runs till 5:00. For an additional cost, there's a luau at Seal Beach Leisure World (bring your own teeth) from 7:00pm to 10:00pm.

Aloha

TK

If all goes well, I will be there...

Bong,
Siezure world is tikified! I did a job in there for a lady. She has a built in Bamboo Ben tiki bar and has happy hour every day. Retirement aint so bad. See you at Uke Day with my 2 El Kabongers in tow.

Looks like a good time! More info can be found here:
http://pages.zdnet.com/ciha2001/scuf/id4.html

TB

Are we goin UtopianDreem?

T

The Smokin' Menehunes are playing at the event. Wee!

M

On 2003-10-09 09:29, Tiki_Bong wrote:
The Smokin' Menehunes are playing at the event. Wee!

Congrats on hitting the BIG Time...
I want the first 10 autograhed CD's

Are you playing during the day or at the luau? Check out that class schedule - there are a lot good things to do...

Tina,

Shirley needs to clarify with the guy coordinating the event as to whether we play during the day at the festival or not. We can't do it if we have to play in the evening at Old World, er... Leisure World.

I'll post as soon as I find out.

It's this Saturday.

We're playing around one.

Yeeee! Haw. I mean mahalo.

Spike

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-10-14 22:45 ]

It's tomorrow.....

Looks like were not playing afterall. There's always next year...

P

Anyone go to this?
Just curious since it was the second one.

Smokin' Menehunes: any cd's available?

Pablus,

Me and mine went, and Shirley, our ukulele player had a booth selling ukulele stuff and this and that. Also King Kukulele was there.

We didn't get signed up for the main stage in time (there's always next year), and were offered the back stage, which amounted to a grassy knoll which we declined (I'm afraid of snipers).

It was a good time though. Many classes on ukulele, steel guitar, making ipus out of gourds, etc.

We're going to record a CD the first week in November and should have something available soon.

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-10-21 09:27 ]

You don't get shot ON a grassy knoll, you shoot FROM one. It's the spectators that had to worry.

I was there, too. Faithfully waiting for the Menehunes to play, I was disappointed when Shirley gave me the news. There were some very helpful classses for a scrub uke player like me, and some nifty things to buy.

I missed the festival. Can anybody tell me how it went?

On 2003-10-23 23:54, Atomicchick wrote:
I missed the festival. Can anybody tell me how it went?

It went that way ->>

Pages: 1 19 replies