Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NYC B-day Bash??

Pages: 1 31 replies

Hey Steve Pang!
I sent you a private message, but no response. Inky Louise and I wanna throw a co-b-day Tiki Bash. Is Otto's available on Inky's b-day on Oct. 17 or mine Oct. 18? we were hoping to have performers and musical acts. This wouldn't be a closed/ private party, just a reason to have our freaky friends gather at Otto's for tiki drinks and fun! Let me know what you think, my email is [email protected].

TC-ers! got an act, performance, or crazy shtick? Do you want to do it at our party (if at Otto's orif not, somewhere not as cool?) Tiki-themed preferred, Zany-ness encouraged, amateurs OK!

Thanks,
Manic Cat

Hey Manic!

I'll be in the Northeast that weekend working my way down from Boston. I will likely be in Greenwich, CT on Saturday, October 18 so I could take the train down and meet you all at Otto's!

We'll talk when I'm in NYC next week (9/21 - 9/28).

Greenwich? swanky, swanky, swanky...$$$$$$$$$
M C

T

hey there
my e-mail's been kinda wacky lately. friday the 17th is the better of the =
2 days. This girl "P5" of the band Ms Pakman is having a fundraiser that =
night but I don't think it would be a problem to have a live tiki type =
band that night especially since she dances for Fisherman. Let me know =
what you think =

steve

MC

Yeah, I saw her at Coney Island with Fisherman. I love the pink hair!
Inky and I got some ideas for dancin': me, Melissa Kinsky, and the Pontani Family Reunion Dancers doing our Pontani Sisters-taught numbers; and Inky does the hula with some other island ladies. Can you fit us on the bill? We will provide B-day cake for everyone!!
by the way, on the School of Visual arts website, I could swear you were in a photo! ever take a class or cont. ed there?
(didn't save the link)
M C

T

I didn't go to SVA but I did go to Parsons ( with Melissa Kinski ).
As far as the party goes. That day Fisherman is playing P5's benefit so he'll already be there. I'll call P5 and ask her about the dancing but I think it'll be cool. It sounds like a fantastic nite shaping up!
you can call me at 212 484 4282 from 10-6 or after at 917 488 0112
steve

maybe it was Parsons site then? I'll try to find it.
ohh-ohh!! The party is sounding even better than I had imagined!! F I S H E R M A N is numero uno. If our dancing could be included, Inky and I would be happy, happy birthday girls. Is there a cover charge for the benefit? or just donations?

Guess I'll have to drive down that day from Vermont. Leave a light on for me! :wink:

Luckily, NYC stays up all night! You gotta come Arty!

T

I'm not sure about the benefit. That's something P5 is working on. I'll ask her about it when I see her
steve

S

Hey Manic,

I'll do what I can. I will literally be driving from the MA/VT border about 5 pm, so we'll see how far I get. I'll see you next in NYC. Are the Fishermen playing at Otto's on Tuesday? Time for another NYC Tikicrawl!!!

MC

thanks Steve for all the help!
I'll get my ass up to 14th st. soon enough and we can talk in person. I'm itchin' for an Otto's Octane.

Hey Manic!

Do you feel like heading down there tonight???? Monday means Fisherman, no?

Ko-Huna is here too, so it could be a party...

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y, S T E V E P A N G !!!!!!!!!!!

(New York Tiki Central Loves You and Otto's Shrunken Head)

T

WOW thanks for the birthday greetings!
How'd you guys know? Did some sneaky tiki let it out? Anyhoo Brian Fisherman said he'd be happy to have you guys dance and if you've got music he could maybe learn it by then.
steve

MC

We were there last night and the bartender filled us in. :)
Hey, we were thinking of emailing P5 to coordinate the shin-dig, introduce ourselves, touch base...would you be able to send me her email?

so, are you a Virgo or a good 'ole Libra like Inky and me?

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2003-09-23 15:50 ]

T

I'll try to get p5's info for you. I'm a virgo, just barely made it. but as anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a textbook virgo thru and thru

T

p5's e-mail is [email protected]

You're probably better off being a Virgo and not a Libra because then you can make important decisions like, "What would I like to eat for lunch?" or "Do I want to buy these shoes?" My best friend is a Virgo on the cusp of Libra too. (She's Sept. 20)

Thanks for the info!

T

hey I wanted to let you know that House industries has Shag fonts now
very cool

T

hey I wanted to let you know that House industries has Shag fonts now
very cool

MC

ooooh--are you gonna invest in the Shag Fonts? Inky has the registered Tiki fonts and they are lovely!!

I emailed P5 and it doesn't look like it's gonna work out. Her benefit is HUGE--4 bands plus Fisherman, $5 at door, even cupcakes for sale so I couldn't bring a birthday cake. So, Inky and I are working on other plans. Maybe we will have to go to the Lei bar under Niagara? Or is Sat. Oct 18 open at Otto's? Even if our birthday bash doesn't happen there, keep our dance troupes in mind for some of your performances. Mine is a synchronized burlesque dance group and Inky is going real authentice Hawaiian Hula.

Plus, when are you gonna get some more t-shirts made? I never got a chance to buy one. :(

T

on the 18th we have p5's other band Felini's Basement playing and Jayne County is DJing. We could put the dance troupe on at midnite or so. The party is called Not Max's a tribute to the old Max's Kansas City where Jayne used to Dj and Peter Crowley used to book bands

I gotta check with the girls in the dance troupe, but I think that we are going to join a burlesque line-up at Rififi on Thurs. Thanks for offering Sat. but, I think that Inky and I will have to do a Tiki B-day Bash another year. But keep our dancers in mind for the future!!! Did you have a float for the Mermaid Parade? Last year, the Pontani Family Reunion Dancers were in the Halloween Parade and we would love to do it again!!

T

we had a float w/ a band and hula girls and topless mermaids everywhere. Althogh it was more rock than tiki
s

Well, if you're gonna do the Halloween Parade and need some marching dancers, let me know! mahalo,
MC

T

I've got a private party on the 15th of Nov. and the organizer wanted to get some Hula Girls for the event.
s

Inky!--This is your area of expertise. (Inky has been taking lessions at the Hawaiian Cultural Center for many years.)

what kind of hula girls does he need? actual dancing, or just strutting looking pretty in grass skirts?

What kinda event?

MC

come on, you can do both!

T

It's a birthday party, Voodoo Suite will probably be playing
s

MC

If inky's not interested, The Pontani Family Reunion Dancers are interested. We dance to Tom Jones's "Sex Bomb","Pepermint Twist," "California Sun" Barry white--we could choreograph something if needed, I think.

Pages: 1 31 replies