Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Say it aint so Tommy Chong...Say it aint so!

Pages: 1 10 replies

http://www.msnbc.com/news/965114.asp?0bl=-0&cp1=1

I wonder if he'll be anything like his role in Half Baked.

Of course pot should be legal, but you have to admit that is absolutely absurd to invest money into starting up such a business without consulting a lawyer first to operate out of a locality where bongs are legal...
You know you can sell them even in Birmingham Aladamnbama, but it's illegal to call them bongs. They are simply pipes or water pipes... when you say "bong" at the store here all the people who work there act like you just scratched your fingernails on a chalkboard and look around worriedly. There's a police substation literally next door.

Are you atheist, agnostic, deist, pantheist, transcendentalist... Meet people who share your interest in rational religion in your town.
http://universist.meetup.com

S

Regardless of personal opinion, one has to consider the letter of the law, since that is what will apply when the men in blue come a'knockin'...

K

I just heard a couple of weeks ago that there's a new Cheech & Chong movie in the works. I guess it will be pushed back about 9 months.

:drink:

The new Cheech and Chong movie will be called "Cheech and Chong Get Blunt". As for the sale of paraphenelia, his only mistake was using the word "Bong" there are plenty of spots on the internet that operate freely and if you look through them you will never once see teh word bong in any of them. Here is my personal favorite:

http://www.happypipes.com/

These guys have some amazing animal shaped pipes.

On 2003-09-12 16:57, scigirl wrote:
Regardless of personal opinion, one has to consider the letter of the law, since that is what will apply when the men in blue come a'knockin'...

Scigirl,

I understand your reasoning, regarding the social contract theory and all, but alcohol was at one time illegal, African Americans could not use the same facilities as Caucasians at one time, and women could not vote at one time.

(P.S. man, society makes 'bong' feel unwanted (he he!))

'A thing of Tiki is a joy forever'

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-09-12 22:01 ]

J

The letter of the law is dead WRONG when we use it to justify filling up prison space with non-violent offenders. All we accomplish is graduating them to the next level of crime, the kind of crime that has real victims

[ Edited by: jonboy on 2003-09-13 22:16 ]

I think it should be against the law that your guests shall not spill bong water on your carpet.

S

Hey, don't crawl me. I'm a card-carrying liberal. However, I do believe that unless on is actively trying to make a change in an injust system, then one cannot feign surprise or ignorance when the penalty is laid down. Making a statement is one thing, making a mistake is another...

"Smokin' marijuana is more fun than drinkin' beer
But a freind of our's was captured and they gave him 30 years
Maybe we should raise our voices and ask somebody why
But demonstrations are a drag and besides I'm much too high"

-Tom Paxton

for more information about what you can do to prevent the errosion of our civil rights contact: http://www.aclu.org

On 2003-09-14 15:47, scigirl wrote:
Hey, don't crawl me. I'm a card-carrying liberal. However, I do believe that unless on is actively trying to make a change in an injust system, then one cannot feign surprise or ignorance when the penalty is laid down. Making a statement is one thing, making a mistake is another...

Scigirl,

"Don't crawl me" (?). Is this another one of those inner-city phrases picked up on by white middle to upper-middle class kids in order to sound funky and down with da 'hood.

It still cracks me up here in Huntington Beach to see the upper-middle class kids blasting gangsta rap in their Lexus', (Lexi ?), bopping their heads like they just did a drive by in a rival neighborhood.

"I'm gonna kill my mother, I wanted a Porshe Boxter, but she gave it to my brother. The bitch said the way I look she can't tell what my sex is, then she said 'hey punk, here's the keys to my Lexus (well almost)"

Pages: 1 10 replies