Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help me identify this mug

Pages: 1 7 replies

K

Aloha, I recently scored this cool moai mug. The bottom says "The Tikis" plus a phone number "280-1209." Is this from "The Tikis" that used to be in Monterey Park? Has anyone seen this logo before?
Mahalo :drink:

[ Edited by: Juno on 2003-09-12 09:41 ]

Call the number. :)

That's definitely from The Tikis in Monterey Park, CA. And that was their phone number... I confirmed it with the number on a matchbook cover for the place.

:tiki:

C

It also exists in bright fire engine red! :)

[ Edited by: Cultjam on 2003-09-12 14:22 ]

[ Edited by: Cultjam on 2003-09-12 14:23 ]

K

Thanks traderpup...I was going through my books trying to find a pic of a matchbook cover. Not a bad purchase for only $10.00. By any chance do you have a pic of the matchbook cover?

I think that red mug is pretty rare.

:drink:

[ Edited by: Juno on 2003-09-12 17:25 ]

WHOA

cool that it has the phone number! I've seen alot of TIKIS mugs, including the red (and red/white/blue) ones, but never one with the #

C

I should have said the red is also The Tikis mug, same phone number on the bottom. Sadly it has a chipped hairline crack in the rim. So what was the area code then and what is it now?

The area code was "KLONDIKE"........ What was the deal with them names they used to use in the old days? Oh yeah, I don't know what the real are code was, maybe 213?

Pages: 1 7 replies