Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Secret Black Flag show this Sunday

Pages: 1 10 replies

$15 cover, 200 maximum will be let in, as of last night only 20 tickets left. To insure tickets aren't scalped what they are doing is when you buy a ticket instead of giving you an actual ticket they write your name and phone number on a list. They will be checking the list and IDs the day of the show to let people in.

Alex's Bar
2913 E Anaheim St
Long Beach, CA (562) 434-8292

I sure hope this show will be better than the one at the Palladium Friday night because it SUCKED!!! I was at a memorial today for an old punk friend (r.i.p. Boelmes!!) and was talking to Joey Escalante (Vandals) and he was there too last night and comfirmed my thoughts. He was saying that the bass was taped in. The crowd was booing most of the time.

What, Black Flag can't find a bass player? Hell, I'll play for 'em.

"Rise above! We're gonna rise above!"

Thats sad to hear. I heard Don Ho's show at teh Key Club was really bad too from one of teh girls that danced there that night and a buddy that went to the show. I feel for ya Ben, it sucks really looking forward to a show and then being dissapointed when you see it. Awehile some frineds of mine went out to see Etta James and they told me she's horrible now. For a big fan of hers it's awful to see her go up and destroy her own songs.

Funny...I popped in "Damaged" the other day..Me and my friend Billy Taylor (who used to be Eugene Chadbourne's roadie!) both looked at each other and said "It'll never, ever be the same". What a drag it is getting old.

On 2003-09-14 16:29, suicide_sam wrote:
it sucks really looking forward to a show and then being dissapointed when you see it.

If you were ever a Johnny Winter fan, by ALL MEANS don't go see him now. Poor old guy...he hired a clown to "front" the band who is downright embarrassing with his fellating harmonica technique, and Johnny nearly whispers his lyrics. Hope I die before I get old.

But on a positive note, T Model Ford killed as the opener!

J

ditto for Cheap Trick, saw them at Street Scene San Diego a few years ago, after the last song everyone quietly turned around and went home, was really bad.

Speaking of getting old, I was at the grocery store today (Loblaws for you Canucks) and they were piping in Duran Duran and Thompson Twins. This is not an aberration, I have noticed this several times when I have been there, it's all 80's pop/alternative music. I guess they know their demographic!

However I assume when I was a kid, what I heard at the local Dominion was Martin Denny on Muzak... it all comes full circle my friends...

Conversely, when Mission of Burma re-grouped and toured after many years, they were truly amazing. After a couple of decades apart, they rocked harder than ever. Old Burma fans were left flabbergasted....

Trader Woody

T

Why didn't they want Keith Morris to sing? On the Circle Jerks' web site he says they originally wanted him involved but recently said his "presence or services were not necessary", so there may be only 2 or 3 original members in this reunion.

Mission of Burma were great (and loud) last year!

How about the Urinals/100 Flowers? I missed them when they played in L.A. recently. Anyone see that show?

Pages: 1 10 replies