Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Humuhumu visit: A Night at the Spectacular East Indies Room!

Pages: 1 8 replies

In honor of a visit to Hoiti Toiti land by Humuhumu and mom, the doors to the Spectacular East Indies Room will be open for dinner and cocktails on Thurs, Sept. 18th! Here's the details:

**All Tiki Centralites & guests are invited to attend:

Dinner and Cocktails, in honor of a visit from Humuhumu
to
The Spectacular East Indies Room!

Thursday, September 18th, 7:00pm

3407 Lees Avenue, Long Beach 90808
(562)706-3641**

Please mapquest, or e-mail for directions.

Planned dinner menu to include:
Tandoori Spice Chicken/Tofu
Saffron Rice
Curry vegetables
Garden Salad
Flatbread & Raita

Please RSVP here, by e-mail, or phone.

Dinner will be available to those that RSVP,
cocktails available to all!

See you then!

:tiki:

Damn! I'll be in Oakland that night! Oh well, have fun Humu.

The East Indies Room is "real and spectacular!"

M

Welcome HumuHumu,

Terry, I can swing by after I meet with the owner of the Hawaiian Room on Thursday. Will 8:30 pm be to late?

Hey Humu,
Welcome back to SoCal! I don't think I'll be able to make up to Long Beach on thursday (gotta work). If you & mom make it down hear to San Diego though, I'll buy ya's a mai tai at the Bali Hai. Just gimme a shout.

Its not too late to RSVP for dinner! If you'd like to just stop by for a drink or to welcome Humuhumu, feel free!

Looks like we will have a nice group for dinner so far!

See y'all Thursday night!

Be sure to stop by Humuhumu's cocktail/dinner reception at the Spectacular East Indies Room tonight!

Thanks for the RSVPs.... dinner is gonna be good!

Anyone who didn't RSVP for dinner is still welcome to stop by for cocktails, and there should still be plenty of food.

See y'all tonight!

:tiki:

Hi TP,
I just wanted to say how cool it is of you to invite us into your home.
I think I have just a couple more seats on the bus and we should be arriving around 6:00. We didn't have time to find a hotel, so if you don't mind about 23 people sleeping on your floor, we would really appreciate it. We'll bring the blankets. :)

All kidding aside, that is a very nice invite and I wish I could see your tiki pad.
The same goes to you whenever you come up to visit in Carmel. Have Fun!!

A Tiki Cheers To You!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-09-18 12:58 ]

TraderPup (and Robert)!

Thanks for the fab food spread! Great chicken! Your (soon to be) World Famous Typhoon was a perfect drink to compliment the food. It was great seeing everyone!

Humuhumu: I was picturing bunny ears rather than kitty ears, although the leopard fabric was pretty cool!

H

MONSTROUSLY HUGE mahalos to TraderPup for the unbelieveably fantastic welcome at the Spectacular East Indies Room! It was so nice to see everyone, and my Mom & I had a great time. The food was soooooo good... I've been directed by my Mom to extract all the recipies from you, Pup. What a beautiful place, too.

Humuhumu: I was picturing bunny ears rather than kitty ears, although the leopard fabric was pretty cool!

It was so sweet of MTKahuna to bring me those furry leopard print cat ears! The funny thing is that he had no idea that's my trademark up here in Seattle -- during the winter, I drive around town in my convertible wearing a warm furry leopard print hat with cat ears, and I was sad because LA will be too hot for it -- now I have the perfect warm-weather version! Thank you!

Pages: 1 8 replies