Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Interesting

Pages: 1 10 replies

K

Acocdrnig to an elgnsih unviesitry sutdy, the oredr of letetrs in a wrod dno't mttaer. The olny thnig thta's iopmrantt is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer of eevry word is in the crorcet ptoision. The rset can be jmbueld and one is stlil albe to raed the txet.

I solte tihs form aethnor stie.

Are you atheist, agnostic, deist, pantheist, transcendentalist... Meet people who share your interest in rational religion in your town.
http://universist.meetup.com

That's pretty cool, I had no problem reading that.

And this is why you don't do drugs......kids.

TIHS!

Using letters in between the correct first and last letter to spell other words (whether it be slang or actual words) can easily distract the reader from the message being conveyed. In addition, 2 and 3 letter words eliminate any confusion since you cannot mix the letters up. 4 letter words are easy, since you only have 2 letters to switch. 5 letter words are still a "pceie" of cake to figure out. 6 or more letters are where the challenge starts.

Example: 2 & 3 letter words are your "freebies" and 4 letter words are basic giveaways, so you can read (and understand) partially what I am saying here, but I bet the slang and real words within the following keep you from what I am trying to say:

You konw waht? Jbumeld jgroan ubrainsledtndy cnonat clitonusony and clitsntoesny be cbonerslimphee udenr ervey cuntmicscare.

Take away all words with 4 letter or less:

Jbumeld jgroan ubrainsledtndy cnonat clitonusony clitsntoesny cbonerslimphee udenr ervey cuntmicscare.

Take away the piece-of-cake 5 letter words:

Jbumeld jgroan ubrainsledtndy cnonat clitonusony clitsntoesny cbonerslimphee cuntmicscare.

My point? We are a breed using simple small words to convey what we need and want. Is it that we are lazy? Maybe. Is it that we are not smart? Maybe. Do we just need to learn how to spell and kick those who spent research money to do the study in the ass? YES!

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

(here is what the above statement says: You know what? Jumbled jargon understandibly cannot continuously and consistently be comprehensible under every circumstance.)

SugarCaddyDaddy's SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-09-15 01:43 ]

Idecktno cehcoack in akioldky dicodloda!

Vanna, I would like to buy a vowel please.

http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/Vanna.jpg

Sorry Hanford!

[Edited by Hanford, who didn't think the pic here had anything to do with anythign]

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-09-23 00:19 ]

clitsntoesny cbonerslimphee cuntmicscare

hmm SCD, just me, or were there some subliminals sneaking their way in there NOT so subtly?! SOMEbody has some fun with their alphabet soup as a kid! :wink:

...were there some subliminals sneaking their way in there NOT so subtly?!...

Ha! See how one can be distracted? I don't agree with the university's supposide findings and thought I'd take my example to the...ahem....extreme.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht
the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but
the wrod as a wlohe.

Pttery amzanig huh?

I've always found that the problem with words is the damn things are so literal...

Pages: 1 10 replies