Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Thrift Store Mysteries: The Lone Barstool

Pages: 1 7 replies

Over the years I've noticed that whenever really cool barstools show up at thrift shops they always arrive solo. Barstools would probably have been owned in pairs at least, or even sets of 3 and 4. Most vintage stools are pretty sturdy, it seems unlikely they'd be destroyed in an alcohol related accident (excluding flaming alcohol). And it seems unlikely that every set I might have encountered has been broken up by someone else who bought just one stool. So where are the lone barstool's mates?

S
SES posted on Mon, Sep 15, 2003 10:39 PM

Probably hanging out with all those missing socks.
;D

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 06:09 ]

Well, in the days when bigamy was legal, I had two tiki wives to sit at my side at the sacred tiki bar.
Now, today the law has changed for the unfortunate, and for this reason, I must put one tiki stool on Ebay.
http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/marx_bigame.wav

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-09-16 00:01 ]

Same deal with the salt and pepper shakers. I usually find either one or the other. Never both at the same, unless of course, were talking about ebay.

Did you ever see one shoe off to the side of the road? How the f*$& does that happen?

"Roger - Bob, where's your other shoe? Bob - I dunno."

I know of a girl who lost one of her shoes while on a bad acid trip (she threw it at an imaginary monster), and walked miles home with one shoe on. But that doesn't explain the other 456,883 single shoes on the road.

Speaking of acid trips, when I was in sKooL I always heard that after you take acid you always get a flashback years down the road - well!

(I think I got ripped off)

On 2003-09-16 10:44, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Speaking of acid trips, when I was in sKooL I always heard that after you take acid you always get a flashback years down the road - well!

(I think I got ripped off)

TB, You are our(TCers)acid flash back. No charge?

Pages: 1 7 replies