Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shag Disneyland Tiki Room Print Already??

Pages: 1 8 replies

Do you think this guy actually got one of these before Saturday?? :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3552347467&category=20148

I doubt he has one already. He is probably pre-selling it planning to buy an extra one. He does not list the number he has. We could ask for an interesting answer.

This is the part about capitalism (exploitation) I hate.

M

I emailed the seller to inquire. He does NOT have the print in his possession. Says he's "picking it up on Saturday". I guess he "forgot" to mention that in the description...

I also remember a different seller about a month ago bragging in their auction description that they would be selling "several" of the "One Enchanted Evening" prints at the end of this month.

This all just seems a little sleezy to me.

T

Yes, I agree! I also remember that seller, Modmana. I hope that the line will be too long for this "eager" eBay seller and he won't get his quota of prints. :wink: Man, at least wait until the event has taken place.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 16:18 ]

M

Somebody must have scared this seller. Not only did he immediately end the auction last week, he also immediately changed his eBay ID. I don't think he ended up with a print because he hasn't listed anything under his new name.

However, I'm sure you've seen the flood of Enchanted Tiki Room merchandise that's all over eBay now from other sellers. I was surprised that the first serigraph from the event sold on eBay so early...at 11:45 AM on Saturday (while the event was still going on). And by mid afternoon, there were probably a hundred items listed, and now...probably many hundreds of tems. Once again, this reeks of desperation and just seems a little sleazy to have to turn a profit so quickly. I don't have anything against selling things on eBay, but my god, the ink on their cash register receipt was barely dry when some of these things listed. I guess that's just the way of the world and people will always exploit these things to make money if they can.

I agree with what has been said. This is all ridiculous. Here's what another seller put up, looks kinda like what was posted before:

"You my friend are bidding on the SOLD OUT Tiki mug that was created by the one and only artist “SHAG” Josh Agle. It was only available on “one enchanted morning” on the 20th of Septermber 2003. The mug went on sale at the stroke of 8:00AM at the Disneyana shop on Main Street for. Over a thousand People had to wait for >6 hours to get the mug. Unfortunately, most people were not able to buy the mug. There was so much excitement and chaos that day, it was like the Holy Grail was on display. The mug is about 9” tall and 3” wide with a seal that says, “Enchanted Tiki Room 40th Anniversary”. This is a LIMITED EDITION of 500, and comes with a very sturdy commemorative tag that is SIGNED and numbered by SHAG. I hate it when sellers lie to buyers, so I will be honest with you. There was a delay in production and only a few goblets were shipped to Disneyana. Disney officials anticipated this, so allowed us to buy the goblet and promised to deliver it within 7 days at best, but no later than October 31st. Therefore, I physically don’t have the mug yet. Once I do receive it, I will immediately ship to you with the same care as Disney. The pictures I posted are the sample mugs that they had at Disneyana. Good luck and I accept Pay Pal or Money Order. "

On 2003-09-22 17:21, ModMana wrote:
I guess that's just the way of the world and people will always exploit these things to make money if they can.

It is the "limited edition" that creates the frenzied eBay markets. If the folks running the show wanted to stop that kind of exploitation they would simply manufacture to meet the true demand.

Pages: 1 8 replies