Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New to Tiki Central

Pages: 1 13 replies

T

Hi...like I've never done this before... I'm a little nervous... I was asked to make some inquires about an artist. To see if anyone can educate me on Edgar Leeteg as my x inherited 3 of his paintings. Mahalo if you can help me!

[ Edited by: titamom on 2003-09-16 17:23 ]

C

They are totally worthless. I specialize in disposal of useless original art. Have him call me, I can dispose of them immediately.

Ok, I got that inevitable reply out of the way....

Lisa Lisa

[ Edited by: Cultjam on 2003-09-16 17:37 ]

M

First, my SCD impression: Use the search function in the upper right and do a search for Leeteg. You'll find lots of useful information.

Also read this article:

http://www.barracudamagazine.com/leeteg.htm

He's pretty well loved around these parts, and originals are precious items indeed.

And now, my PolyPop impression: Aloha and welcome to TC!

Martiki6,

Do a Bong impression!

martiki6 wrote:
First, my SCD impression...

Wow! You know you've REALLY made it when people impersonate you! Ahhh...I feel the love...

martiki6 wrote:
He's pretty well loved around these parts, and originals are precious items indeed.

Thanks again Martin! Umm...you were talking about me, right? :lol:

Why don't I get to inherit a few Leeteg's man. Man when my mom kicks, not that I'm looking fowrad to it or anything, all I'll get is a bunch of little prcelain buddahs which she collects for some odd reason. I might get some old shovels and a pick axe from my dad someday, but my brother might fight me for that inhertance.

Aloha titamom! My wife knew Edgar Leeteg when she lived on the Big Island (1981 to 1988). They both lived in Puna and attended the Kingdom Hall. She hasn't seen or heard of him or his family since moving to Oahu in 1989.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-09-16 18:41 ]

K

My ex-uncle has an Edger Leeteg painting that he bought when he was in the Merchant Marine. He has no official children, so it will go to the highest bidder someday.

Titamom, your x may want to check out a Leeteg biography from the library. He led quite a life.

D

Shipwreckjoey wrote

My wife knew Edgar Leeteg when she lived on the Big Island (1981 to 1988)

I thought Edgar Leeteg died in the 1950's in a drunken motorcycle accident?

He died in 1953.

G

if you eva like sell wun, let me know.
which ones do you have?

and welcome braddah

M

On 2003-09-16 18:30, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Martiki6,

Do a Bong impression!

You know, I'd love to, but I actually have a piss test on Friday. Hopefully next week!

T

He died like in 59"
On 2003-09-16 18:39, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Aloha titamom! My wife knew Edgar Leeteg when she lived on the Big Island (1981 to 1988). They both lived in Puna and attended the Kingdom Hall. She hasn't seen or heard of him or his family since moving to Oahu in 1989.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-09-16 18:41 ]

O.K. - I'll be the first one to admit it when I'm full of shit! Upon reading your response, I did a little research and after talking to my wife about it she came to the conclusion that the man she knew in Puna was Edgar Leeteg's son (also named Edgar) and 1/2 Tahitian. Take it for what it's worth. Sorry 'bout that.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-09-23 00:40 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies