Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki wedding

Pages: 1 17 replies

V

I'm getting married next year and i'm planning to do a tiki wedding, with exotica music and everything (with the honeymoon in Tahiti, Hawaii...).
Does anyone have any pictures of 2 tiki together (one male, one female) that i could use for the flyer design ?

Mahalo

Virani,

Good idea, but I wouldn't have a honeymoon in Hawaii. As it's 'AMERICAN' and they are such low-life, un-cultured heathens you know!

MC

you're funny, Tiki Bong, but you know them rules--No Politics!!
M C

V

Manic cat, you're right. Tiki fans are worldwild, and we don't need politics here. I'm sorry to be french, to be so anti-bush and anti-everything linked to the Irak conflict and the american position, but meanwhile, I love your country, i love your culture and thanksfully, all my american friends (yes i have Us friends) are not like you, tiki bong...

I am an illustrator. Unfortunately, right now I cannot afford to do any work "pro bono." If you are interested in hiring me at a small cost, email me off-list:
[email protected]

aloha!

On 2003-09-23 01:00, virani wrote:

Does anyone have any pictures of 2 tiki together (one male, one female) that i could use for the flyer design ?

I thought Tiki was a male.
Are there "female" tikis?

Shag.com may also have the correct look.

Regarding your honeymoon, you also may want to consider the Cook Islands, just west of Tahiti, which reportedly are much less expensive.

However, on Maui, I would recommend the Kanaapali Beach Hotel, which has a very large tiki dominating the plumeria tree lined lanai (check it out on its extensive website).

Congratulations on the Nuptuals.

PS-Just out of curiousity, where in Paris are you planning on having this event
(I lived there for a short while, years back)

V

Well, the wedding is not gonna be in Paris, but in Normandy, where the bride's family is.
But i'm living near Montmartre, in Guy Moquet.

And Yes, there are female tiki (well, at least originaly, in the Marquesian art, lots of tiki where female, pregnant, as tiki was a very strong meaning of prosperity, abundance...) but what i want is more 2 modern stylished tiki, not ancient art (even if i'm an anthropologist addict).

i painted these for our party last summer...

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2003-09-24 06:56 ]

"Guy Moquet"...isnt he a french lounge singer?
Sorry virani, I didnt know there were female Tikis, and didnt know there was alot of them for that matter. I've never seen a female tiki could you post a picture of one?
Aloha from the USA :drink:

There definately has to be a human tiki sacrifice for the wedding, or it just would not be authentic.
I nominate Tiki Bong.

Thanks PJ.
By the way you got some nice tikis on your website.

get married at the tiki oasis4! it's a built in party and we're bringing our minister, the most rev. kitty nitro back next year, she'll hitch you up!

ok, so you WANT your family to come...

Otto and Baby Doe had a full on tiki wedding, they might have some good advice. They helped us out with lei's and stuff...they also had very cool cake toppers, a hula girl w/pink hair and some fella, who I don't know the proper name for..sorry, not much help. that's why we eloped!
mrs. pineapple

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2003-09-25 13:07 ]

MC

This Tiki Mama and babies is at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Oahu.

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2003-09-25 15:55 ]

On 2003-09-24 11:32, Unga Bunga wrote:

I nominate Tiki Bong.

I tink Bong has got you beat with 1447 posts. Into the Volcano wit you!!

Do "Fries come with that Shake!!"

E

On 2003-09-23 09:57, virani wrote:
thanksfully, all my american friends (yes i have Us friends) are not like you, tiki bong...

As for me, if I had American friends (I have only American relatives), I would want most of them to be like Tiki Bong. Alas, there is only one Tiki Bong, and he can't be everywhere at once...

Bong most definitely RULES,
em.

On 2003-09-25 23:11, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2003-09-24 11:32, Unga Bunga wrote:

I nominate Tiki Bong.

I tink Bong has got you beat with 1447 posts. Into the Volcano wit you!!

Do "Fries come with that Shake!!"

For the record, I do like The Bongster.

Pages: 1 17 replies