Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Welcome to Creating Tiki

Pages: 1 12 replies

Aloha all ... ask and you shall receive!

Sorry this is sorting below "Beyond Tiki" but apparently this forum software (I didn't write) has no way to reorder the Forums. I'll see if I can't hack something together though. :)

Anyone want to be in charge of moving posts over? Looking for someone qualified who has the time to sort through all the messages.

QUESTION:

Is the Carving post more for showing off Tikis, or for tips/tricks for carving them? Should I leave that topic here?

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-09-24 18:42 ]

D

I personally think if can be for both. "Show and tell" to say the least. Get someone inspired by looking and ask questions also. And wow that was fast Hanford!!!

S
SES posted on Wed, Sep 24, 2003 7:19 PM

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 06:28 ]

Hanford,

To answer your question regarding whether the carving post is a show forum or help. As one of the many TC Carvers in the group, I can't tell you how many times I have used other peoples finished work for inspiration. The technique is hard to convey via the web (better with a live demo) so what we get is a finished product to disect with our eyes and figure out how a certain look was achieved or a cool looking design that I hadn't thought of before.

I have a bunch of printed pictures from the carving post pinned to the wall over my carving area so that instant inspiration is immediately available.

This additional forum is a terrific idea.

Thanks Hanford.

Hanford thanks for making TC a great place to hang out.
IMO you can leave the showing/tips/tricks all on "Carving Post". Makes sense to keep it all in one place.

On 2003-09-24 22:00, jungletrader wrote:
IMO you can leave the showing/tips/tricks all on "Carving Post". Makes sense to keep it all in one place.

I (respectfully) disagree... I don't go near that big ol' gnarly post because it's too much all together. I was hoping that this new area would be what keeps it "all in one place," allowing people to create a nice, fresh, approachable post when they have a project to share, or want to ask a question about how to do something. Just my very, very humble opinion.

Michelle my belle, start from the beginning, read them all, then you'll be caught up, read it daily, then it won't be so gnarly. Just like shaving or pullin' weeds.
BTW, would love to see you wearin' that leopard ear hat. Post us a pic?

I'm with Humuhumu on this one. By keeping the carving posts as individual items, it only puts the most current topic at the top of the list instead of the whole enchilada. The post has too much info in one thread.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I moved the Carving post over!

~Hanford

Congrats BK on becoming the moderator for this new forum! (also the newest moderator for the "Main Discussion" too.)

SugarCaddyDaddy's SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule!

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-09-25 09:51 ]

Hey thanks Hanford. bte I like the hang-over tiki.

Okay, okay. Humuhumu was right. This IS much better.

the forum seems to be taking off quickly, great job mr lemoore!

Pages: 1 12 replies