Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Halloween costumes

Pages: 1 22 replies

T

It just occurred to me that being a shrunked head would be fun - but what would you do with the rest of your body? It's kind of hard to pretend it's not there.

Also, you might be able to pull of the grape purple balloon trick but buy yellow balloons to look more like a pineapple. Draw X's on them with brown magic marker to look like the grooves in a pineapple. This may or may not look dumb, it's just an idea!

I know it's not tiki, but I'm going as a gypsy. A few of us are throwing a party for the neighborhood kids and I'm doing the fortune telling booth. I got a great crystal ball on ebay for 40 bucks!

D

Not sure myself yet either. Last year was a mermaid and won a couple of awards and prizes at parties. But been stuck this year with ideas. I want to be Sigmund from "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters". But haven't found any material that looks like what he was made out of. Any suggestions?

On 2003-09-26 22:03, CruzinTiki wrote:
I know it's not tiki, but I'm going as a gypsy. A few of us are throwing a party for the neighborhood kids and I'm doing the fortune telling booth. I got a great crystal ball on ebay for 40 bucks!

A friend of mine went as a mechanical fortune teller inside of a coin operated fortune telling machine. He built the machine out of foamfcore and plastic .. he could walk around with it, or put it down and it looked like a normal arcade machine. Pretty clever.

S
SES posted on Wed, Oct 1, 2003 4:21 AM

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 06:36 ]

I think that this year I will really scare all the kids and dress as an ultra conservative. Catch them all off guard, wearing a three piece suit and holding the Wall Street Journal. No candy tonight, have a penny insted and invest it wisely. :)

C

Go as Rush Limbaugh.

That would give me nightmares for weeks.

Hey Now,

It would be tough to go as Rush, I look too much like Howard Stern. 8)

Ah, then you COULD go as Rush - Geddy Lee, that is.

On 2003-10-02 12:48, Formikahini wrote:
Ah, then you COULD go as Rush - Geddy Lee, that is.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!!

Hey Now,

I'll let you fellow TCR's make the choice, Rush, Geddy or Howard. If you have the time, tune into TLC's Trading Spaces Family on Sunday night (Oct 5th). I'm the guy wearing the Tiki shirt in the opening scenes. If you look closly Tiki may make several other appearances. :)

D

You weren't one of the couples in 100,000.00 makeover? Were you? :o Is Trading Spaces Family different than the regular Trading Space? Were you happy with the results?

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-10-02 14:14 ]

Hey Now Dawn,

$100,000 ep? No, it was the one shot before ours, :( we just missed it. Our show is the opener for the big bucks show.

TS Family different than TS classic? Yes, same rules except that each team must have at least one child.

Were we happy with the results? Tune in and see because I'm not allowed to talk about it until after the show airs.

Tim

D

Sunday night I'll be watching :)

Here are some suggestions for a cheap costume:

http://www.chickenhead.com/stuff/halloween/index.asp

I love Halloween. I'm not dressing up in a tiki theme. Cigar/Cigarette Girl this weekend.

I was the Tooth Fair last weekend. Until people started looking at the accessories, I got asked if I was Glenda the Good Witch or a Fairy God Mother.

I guess my tiara made with toothbrushes, my wand with the giant molar, and my necklace made of dental floss containers and molars and my bag filled with gold coins and teeth, wasn't obvious enough.

Please tell me you have pictures.

I'm thinking of wearing a hawaiian shirt, shorts & loafers, putting whiteface on my face, arms & legs, putting black around my eyes & mouth and going as a zombie on vacation.

Boo!

SES- your post gave me a great idea for a band name - Barfing Pumkins! Hope it hasn't been used already...in which case I'll have resort to my 2nd choice - The Psychedelic Republicans.

S
SES posted on Sat, Nov 1, 2003 7:10 PM

[ Edited by: SES on 2003-12-27 23:57 ]

SES- What's the ink of? I can't make it out with the laces in the way...

Pages: 1 22 replies