Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Did anyone see Mrs. Shag at Disneyland??

Pages: 1 2 replies

I would really love to know if anyone saw Shag's wife at the Tiki Room event. Was she wearing the vintage Tiki Room Dress that I sold to him on ebay?

It was funny how, after finding this site, the dress meant more than just a great ebay find. I had really hoped that a TC'er would have it to wear to the anniversary unveiling of the artwork and such. If she was wearing the dress and anyone gots pics I would love to see one.

THANKS SO MUCH for indulging me with any info you might have!

I did not see the dress but I asked him about it. Shag commented on Mr. Larry Lava's shirt because it was the same fabric. He said that he wanted it and someday he would get it. Mrs. lava said that she saw he got the matching dress. Shag replied that the dress didn't look good on him and that he needed the shirt.

Well darn...I was really hoping the dress would make the trek to Disney. I have never seen or met Shag but I just could not picture him in the dress. I know artists can be a bit quirky at times but I was sure that the dress would be considered more than quirky.

Thanks for your reply...I hope the dress will one day get to visit it's namesake!

Pages: 1 2 replies