Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Roll Call for Ape in LA & OC..........

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha,
Who's going to the Ape Shows??
LA Thurs., at the King King on Hollyweird Blvd.
OC Friday, at Kozmos in Sunset Beach.

I'm helping C'Al with the stage for LA. ( I might bring some x-tra boo and cage him in while he's carving on stage!!) And, just relaxing on Friday with Mrs. Boo for the Kozmos show. Hope to see you's there's!!

Me and Atomic Cocktail will be there. Cherry Capri might be there also if she's not digging for shells in her backyard.

It's a hard choice between that and the Anniversary Luau at the Lava Lounge on the same night!

I will be there early at King King, but have to hurry back to the beach shortly thereafter.

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri on 2002-07-18 02:59 ]

I'm going to the LA show.

[ Edited by: floratina on 2002-07-18 12:51 ]

T and A will be at the Kozmos show on Friday! I'm hoping T gets home in time to get there early. What's the best time to get there? 8ish?

Aloha,

Arty

Was that Vintage and Atomic who got the bar last night? My eye's and brain were very tierd. Hope you enjoy it. If it wasn't signed, I'll send you a plaque.

Ben,

That was us. I don't think it is signed though you tried to get the 'Blue Hawaiians' to sign it with a Sharpie but I don't think they understood.

My brains is fried too. My feet hurt from running down Howllywood Boulevard searching for a working ATM.

I'll send you my address for a plaque. By the way, how can I make it vomit proof?

OOOHHHHHHH!!!!! Me very happy!!!!!

Mahalo,
Atomic

BB,
I saw the cool tiki stand at the KingKing show and then in Atomic's truck at the Lava Lounge party and I'm envious of his good fortune. So..... we're all invited over for mai tais's once it's set up right? :)

Crazy Al, what a show - If OC wasn't so far - I'd go to see it again. Don't miss Ape folks - they 're great!!!

Sure, you are all invited over for Scorpions, bar is open 24hrs (that is if I'm still living here!) heck, wherever I'm livin'.

Al and APE-Great Show! Can ya'll come over and carve a tiki from my roommate? Better yet, how about a sacrifice into a volcano? UUUHHHHH, boiling lava...! :x

Atomic

Wow,
What an experience being with C'Al Thurs-all-day/night and Fri night!! Ape is a awesome band. Maybe we all could pressure them into making a Ape Video (to sell) so we could play it at our parties and tiki bars, when they aren't in town. Last nights show was incredible. C'al was so into it that he carved the mouth all the way through!! And, Lane (the bass player, sp?) had an "insane bongo jam" with the Blue Hawaiians for like ten minutes!!! It was out of controll! For those of you who did not make it, your on your own...... back to my hair of the dog!!!

Mahalo,
Bamboo Ben
Bamboo Ben (custom tropical decor)
712 Yorktown Ave. #20 (NOT ADAMS!!)
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-5ish
Sun. 11-4ish (summer only)
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

[ Edited by: Bamboo Ben on 2002-07-20 18:05 ]

Ben, I think Floratina pretty much shot the whole Ape show in LA with her DV camera. Maybe you could get a copy from her.

One Last APE So. Cal. Show! Sun. 7/21 Sunday BBQ - Featuring the surf sounds of The Tiki Tones, Ape (from San Fran) with their famous on stage Tiki carving during the show, Banana Bunch with their Hawaiian Steel Drums, also DJ Dan of the Dynotones - doors open at 2pm , FREE Hawaiian BBQ $8 http://www.dollhut.com/

Indeed I did get about 90% of the King-King show on tape and it looks pretty good, considering who was behind the camera. Certainly not a professional job, but good enough for party viewing.

Ya'l who were at the Doll Hut BBQ and APE jam, should've stayed just a little longer for the "Grand Tour Ending" fireworks show provided by Disneyland. So close you could even hear the crowd roar! Like C'Al said, "It's a Apocoliptic - Tour Ending".
Hope you all enjoyed the show.

Pages: 1 13 replies