Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room souvenier question

Pages: 1 17 replies

My friend is going to Disney in Calif. soon and he said he will go to the Enchanted Tiki Room for me and get me a souvenier. I have never been there so I don't know what type of souvenier to request. I would prefer a mug if they sell them, since I have a zillion T shirts. What do my fellow TC'ers recommend? Do they even sell souveniers from the ETR? Mugs? Thanks!

BB

Hey there,
Normally, There are really not too many Enchanted Tiki room items. However, the Tiki Room is currently celebrating its' 40th anniversary. You may still be able to find a few of the special event items at the Disneyana shop (on main street). My guess is that most if not all, are already sold out. They did have mugs, Aloha Shirts, purses & limited edition serigraphs, etc. You may be able to still pick up the $15 mini Tiki room print by Shag, a puzzle, pin or shirt. Good luck & aloha.

TB

I also believe that there will be a non-limited edition tiki pole mug as well.

K
Kenike posted on Fri, Oct 3, 2003 5:36 PM

I'm going to Disney in Orlando next week so with some luck I may score some cool stuff. Everyone send their good tiki vibes my way. I'll post a full report when I get back.

:drink:

Over by "It's a Small World (after all)" I was looking at the pins Disney sells. I found an "Enchanted Tiki Room" pin. I really liked it and I thought it was a nice representation of the classic tiki room.

In the Disney Gallery (climb the stairs to the second floor in the building that hours the entrance to Pirates of the Carribean) they have many collectables. You can get a mini version of the ETR attraction poster for 35 dollars, matted (they may have more than one style, too). They might have large versions of the poster, too. They may have more Tiki Room stuff there in that gallery, too. The employees in that gallery are top notch.

Also, if those are too expensive or sold out they have on-demand poster printing in Tomorrowland. The quality looks pretty good, but it's a printout; not sure how long it will last, and I can't remember the price.

I've not been to DL in a while .. anyone have more info on this poster place?
~Hanford

Thanks so much for the info, everyone! I am going to relay all this to my friend, so hopefully he will bring me back something cool.

K

Just got back from Disney World in Orlando. I can tell you that they had absolutely nothing in the way of souvenirs or collectables for the Enchanted Tiki Room. The guy that worked the show said he's never seen them. I'll posting all the details in the next day or two. :x

Right about Tiki Room souvenirs at Disney World in Orlando. I was there a week or so ago with the family and asked... they said all they have is some of the stuffed birds in metal circles for sale near the Pirates of the Carribean ride.

There haven't been a lot of Tiki Room souvies over the years. Right now is a good time to pick up something in Disneyland, though.

The Shag items that are still available are: LE 300 Tiki Charm ($15), mini-print, note cards, mouse pad, puzzle, mug (a routine coffee mug with graphics), and ladies tee.

The pin that is available is a reproduction of the original attraction poster. It's very nice.

Print-on-demand is available at both the Gallery over Pirates of the Caribbean, and in Tomorrowland. You can get the Tiki poster in two sizes, and on canvas or paper. I recommend the large size on paper--should run around $40.

Happy hunting!

C

I got these a month or so ago when I was at Disney World in Orlando for work. I didn't have time to go to the parks (a super-big bummer), but found these at Downtown Disney in the HUGE Disney store. They had other accessories with drawn pictures of these types of mugs on them, like coasters (see other picture) & shirts. Also had some related plastic dishes & beachtowels that were pretty cute.

H

Wow, those are really... weird.

S
SES posted on Sun, Oct 19, 2003 5:10 PM

LOL... why do these remind me of Jerry Lewis?

K

Damn!! I must have missed that shirt when I was there last week (if they even still had it). I saw those mugs but didn't buy any. I did pick up some goodies at the Polynesian Resort when I stopped by. I have a thread in Locating Tiki with some pics if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=5863&forum=2&0

WELL! Guess what kind of souvenier my friend brought me back from the Tiki Room? NOTHING! NADA! ZERO! GOOSE EGG! NOT ONE STINKIN THING! And after all the instructions I gave him, thanks to my fellow TCers. I am seriously bummed and my friend has been groveling for forgiveness. Someday I will go there myself...

K

WELL! Guess what kind of souvenier my friend brought me back from the Tiki Room? NOTHING!

I feel your pain. Some good friends of ours recently spent a week in Maui. When they told me they were going I half jokingly said "Bring me back a tiki!!" Their response was "Don't worry, we'll bring you back something extra special." I thought "Cool! I'm getting a tiki!" Well, guess what I got...Hawaiian post-it notes. I wouldn't exactly call that "extra special." I guess it's the thought that counts and at least they brought me back something...but post-it notes? I live in TX so it's not like I go to Maui too often. Anyway, I threw them in my "to-sell-on-eBay" pile but if you want them you can have them.

Aaaaaaw. Those are so...cute.

Be glad you don't have me for a friend. I brought back "Bad Ass" coffee mugs and pineapple wine for my friends.

("Bad Ass" Coffee is a real brand name for a Kona Coffee. It is named in tribute to the bad tempered little donkeys that carry the loaded sacks down the hills. So there.)

TIKI GODDESS! I believe there is a Disneyland shopping service at LaughingPlace.com. They may be able to get you some of that Shag Tiki stuff. Couldn't hurt to check it out.

H
Hina posted on Wed, Oct 22, 2003 2:11 PM

I'm heading to Orlando on Friday. I will post here when I return if I find anything of importance. If they have anything new, you can always order through WDW Merchandise Services. I have found them really helpful in the past. :)

~H

Pages: 1 17 replies