Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Keigs

Pages: 1 2 84 replies

The Picasso of the chainsaw. The pics say it all.

K

Thanks for starting this post for me BK and the compliment. I have wanted to post a few pictures and have not had time. I am back to carving as of Wendsday finally. Here are a few more pics of stuff I have carved in the past

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2003-10-05 20:10 ]

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2004-02-11 10:32 ]

cOOl!

Glad you're back!

Glad your back Kiegs. Looking forward to seeing more.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-10-06 08:01 ]

S
SES posted on Mon, Oct 6, 2003 9:58 AM

These are great!

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:03 ]

Awww, man...there's so much awesome stuff here on TC it'd make your head spin if you could find it all.

A
Andrew posted on Mon, Oct 6, 2003 3:07 PM

Wow, that fountain is amazing!
A

K

It is great to be back thanks. Looks like there is a lot of new carvers with some damn good work. I got some catching up to do. BK you are a busy man or at least those elves are. Here are some more pics

Keigs-

Pic 1, the mask is awesome!

Pic 3, very awesome!

I dig it!!!!

S
SES posted on Tue, Oct 7, 2003 5:51 AM

Those shelves are perfect for the collections! I love them!

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:06 ]

That small fountain is awesome, too. That size is just perfect(good apartment size and a ingenious wall decoration).

M

Wow!!! I'm completely stunned at that Moai at the top of the thread!

Matt

P

Here's one of the tikis Keigs carved (its one of the supports for our tiki hut) now residing in our backyard. There's more pics of this carving & the moai here:
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=5793&forum=7&0
Thanks so much again, Keigs !

[ Edited by: puamana on 2003-10-08 19:58 ]

Ken, you always have been, and still are, my HERO! This new stuff I've been seeing in this thread is completely fantastic and I Wish a million times that I had all kinds of extra money to shower you with for your wonderful carvings! You and your work are AWESOME!

K

Thanks everyone for the compliments and very kind words. Even though it is after 12:00 at night your compliments are very inspiring. It makes me want to go out and see what else I can create but I dont think the neighbors would like it if I did. Puamana thanks for posting pics your hut and backyard are amazing. Tiki Lee thanks alot you made my night. Hope this doesn't sound to sappy Im just glad to be back and doing what I enjoy instead of working on that damn pipeline .

T

keep on carvin', i hope you can do it full time, i'd love to see what you'd pump out. I recently found a witco tiki about 3 ft tall, which i'm in the process of trying to trade one of mine for, cause the owner doesn't know what he gots. That bar is my favorite! go out, carve, carve, carve bruddah!!

Keigs- I also feel that you are one of the best carvers goin. I swear to god that this week I am finally going to get the dimensions to you for the trio of tiki masks I mentioned so many times. I love the shelf I got from you and also have another project I will run by you when I get the ask dimensions.

The stuff I'm seeing on this post simply rules.. great work

G

Keigs keep da chain saw and get rid of da day job. I know If i lived on da mainland I wouldn't be workin 2 jobs. Hawaii is a lil'mo expensive! good work.

K

Here are a few more pictures. The first one is on ebay here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=553&item=2867832864

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2003-11-03 22:44 ]

T

Hope you don't mind me posting pics of your work, Ken. I am so proud to own them, though.

The first one I bought....

The second is my 40th birtday present from the wonderful Mrs. Pineapple.

Now I want to have you carve a tiki to cover the front of our brick mantle/fire box. Let's talk next year... :)

A
Andrew posted on Fri, Nov 7, 2003 3:19 PM

I don't suppose you're going to be carving/selling some more tiki shelves anytime soon?
A

K

Hey Tiki-Bot thanks for posting pics. I forget who all I have sold to so it is nice to see who has my art and how it looks. Happy 40th b-day glad you are happy with the totem. Andrew- Email me we can talk size and price [email protected] .

K

I have wanted to do some mosaics for a long time. I thought and still think they are a very very cool. I also wondered why more people have not done them. Now I know why. I started with about the most basic tiki face possible last night at 8:00pm I stayed up until 4:00am because I had set a goal to at least get all the little tiles glued to the paper I had to fulfill my goal. Not knowing this would take 8 hours of backbreaking work from bending over the table all night. I inlaid it cedar today with the help of a router. I still have some brushing and a little more grouting to do but here is what I got so far. Again this is my first one so dont laugh. My wife says it looks like a serving tray which is not really the look I was going for. Oh well here it is

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2003-12-04 22:43 ]

K

Here are a few things I have been working on lately
4ft masks
bar stools
older island girl

Kiegs, you're a baaaaaaaad motherfucker. Period. You're coming to Hukilau this year, you know that, right? You'll sell everything you bring.

T

Ken,
Those masks look awesome. I got to get one!

D

I second what BK said!!! Here are my 2 Keigs Creations. Thanks Ken :)

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-01-04 00:18 ]

HOLY MOLY!

Not only do I NEED those masks, I am going to recreate the picture in the Book of Tiki (page 43)!

P.S. Damn that's good stuff!

Enter The SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-01-03 23:20 ]

K

Bk thanks, When and where is Hukilau, I searched a little in tiki events and could not find any info. I really want to go to some events to mingle and maybe sell some stuff to pay for the trip.
Dawntiki- glad you like the plaques thanks for the compliments and posting them.
Turbogod and SCD - I can make more! I sold these to a fellow TCer who had the perfect spot for some Hefner style masks and asked me to make them. Email or pm me if your interested. [email protected]

S
SES posted on Sun, Jan 4, 2004 12:29 AM

I was just checking it out earlier:
http://www.thehukilau.com/index.htm

Looks fun!

Hukilau is the Superbowl; everything else is just a college game! http://www.thehukilau.com/

T

Do I need to add the word "keigs" to my favorite searchs on Ebay?

K

Here is a new item I have been working on. It is a wall bar. 3.5 ft long 2ft tall with 6 inch shelves. For those of you with not much room like myself. I will probably throw it on ebay tonight. Thanks for looking

B

Really looking good. Hope to meet you an HukiLAu. Great work.

Awesome stuff, keigs. Wish I had the $ to buy some of your stuff. I would imagine that your chainsaw is simply an extension of your arm.
Keep those carvings coming, Not only are they beautiful but very inspiring as well.

I love those barstools!

M

Ken,

Great stuff as always!!! Got the barback last Friday and it looks awesome! I'll post some pics when I finish the bar and get it mounted and stuffed..

thanks,

Matt

Great stuff as usual, Keigs...After the Hale Tiki project we'll do our deal. Thanks for the info on the WItco fountain...it's looking good. Just have to figure out how to get through that bartop urethane armor on that bowl.

K

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Benzart I hope to make it to
HukiLAu or a least one of these tiki gatherings this year and meet some fellow TCers. Polynesiac I wish I could spend more time with the chainsaw attached to my arm but the rag and minwax seem to be attached more than the chainsaw. Matt glad you like the barback that thing should hold a lot of mugs cant wait to see pics. BK throw a sanding disk on your grinder that should get that shit off, then reburn and buff it.

Love the hanging bar.

I also went over to Fatuhiva's house and saw the four large mask you made for him, he was getting them ready to hang. Very cool.

M

Alrighty now...here's a pic of the barback Keigs carved for me...chocked full o' Tiki goodness!

Here's the rest of the Tiki lounge I recently finished:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34ece1e6510

[ Edited by: mattfink on 2004-03-08 06:37 ]

nice basement Mattfink, old school!
reminds me of being 8 years old playing in my friends' parents' basement bar (same tile too)

-Z

M

Thanks! It didn't look like that a month ago. I did all the construction....framing, drywall, wiring, put in recessed lights and accoustic tile ceiling. The floor I did about a year ago because the original was falling apart. After several weeks of intensive labor and no sleep I'm ready for lot's of Mai Tai's!!!

[ Edited by: mattfink on 2004-03-08 08:54 ]

K

I have not posted pics in a while so here are a few more things. Mostly for the Kahiki Moon.
tiki kitchen ware

Some new style fountains

and some bigger tikis, hanging with my little girls.

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2004-07-18 20:13 ]

Wow! ALL of your work is incredible....I'm speechless! Gorgeous girls too!

[ Edited by: Kalikiana on 2004-07-18 21:56 ]

Have you thought about doing an updated book on carving and finishing in the Witco style. Heck, I'd love to have instruction on how to touch up and refinish damaged or painted Witcos.

Pages: 1 2 84 replies