Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

A little polynesian pop in my dream home

Pages: 1 11 replies

C

I just bought an wonderful 1955 ranch style home in a criminally lush neighborhood in Phoenix. It comes with a nice 1960 mural in the dining room:

It almost didn't survive the last owner. Fortunately, one of the parents talked them out of painting over it.

heeheheehheeheh

I immediately found this on eBay to go with it. Sometimes using the word "tiki" in the title is a stretch but still a good thing.

Cultjam.....That is beautiful. Looks like your dining room would be a great place to start your Tiki room. Wish my parents had painted over the gold one color Roman column building that was on our dining room wall .......

O

its an omen. cheers. please post progress on your tiki modification of the joint.

K

cultjam, what is the last picture, I can't really tell... a silk plant of some sort?

http://universist.meetup.com "Universism unites freethinkers"

S
SES posted on Thu, Oct 9, 2003 5:05 AM

Looks like ceiling lights incorporated into palm tree leaves.

The mural is beautiful! Makes you want to learn more about the previous owners.

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:11 ]

C

I thought it was an omen too. There will definately be a trip to the county recorder's office to find out it's history of owners.

The palm frond thing is an 8 1/2 foot long all metal ceiling fixture. It came from a modernist 50's home in Palm Springs. I thought it would compliment the mural.

Here's a closer view:

T

hEy CultJam, love that ceiling fixture. I was just wondering if there were any TCers in Pheonix area 'cause I just got invited to do a Tiki carving demo on Saturday, Nov.15th at the Hotel San Carlos. Theres some Tecky event, and Cal Tech is flying me out to carve poolside at a luau. They also bought Tiki necklaces from me that they're wiring with Led eyes. You should come check it out. It'll look like this only without the summer tan.

C

TikiTony - I've seen a couple others post under new members but not much else. I'll go. Post it in Tiki Events!

hey cultjam
have you picked a room, or rooms, to tikify?
please show us your progress.

F

That ceiling fixture is out of this world!

The mural is excellent as well. I grew upin Phoenix- what part of town is your new pad located?

C

Thanks, Fatuhiva, it was irresistable.

The house is south of Thomas between 40th and 44th Streets. Wilshire down to Oak have matured large lots without the school district premium.

nice. i know the area. Lots of sweet midcentury pads in there.

Pages: 1 11 replies