Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Cherry Capri Paints Palm Springs - Come for Sun Swim Fun in P.S. on October 25th

Pages: 1 5 replies

Come for Sun Swim Fun is my latest painting show and the opening is on Saturday, October 25th at the M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs. Hope to see at least a few T.C.ers at the party.

Come for Sun Swim Fun revisits a glamorous era in the desert vacation community of Palm Springs. The paintings are inspired by vintage matchbook art of Palm Springs landmarks from the 1950s and 1960s. And OF COURSE there are 2 paintings from the (Caliente) Tropics Hotel.

http://www.cherrycapri.com/sunswimfun.shtml

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri on 2003-10-15 00:04 ]

MM-! I am thinking of making my last sunny weekend before I go to wintery Germany again a Palm Springs weekend and come by (depending on how late I can fly out on Sunday from LAX to Berlin).

wow! terrific! I'll let my cousin know. And maybe we can all have a drink or snack afterwards?

Cherry Capri's paintings are now up in the gallery and they look great. Hopefully we'll see a bunch of TC'ers there.

This show will also be a benefit for the Palm Springs Modern Committee (this is the same group that introduced Casey Jones and the Callente Tropics to the tiki culture and got Sven involved in assisting them with the awesome restoration they did). Casey is now an active member of PSModcom and will be there manning the door personally from 7pm to 8pm.

We hope to see you there!

So how did it go? Inquiring minds want to know?

Thanks for asking chiki...
Cherry sold many many paintings!!! and much of the remaining work is on hold for future sales. Plus the limited edition prints were popular, too. Cherry made little hand-made palm springs matchbooks as a thank you gift to those that bought work.
i arrived after it happened, but i heard that she also broke into into a little impromptu song (with Howlies C.B. and Scotty) about the 'happy' life in palm springs for the friends that gathered there.

The show will be extended through the end of November so that it can stay up through the "It's All About the Tiki" show on Saturday, November 29th. This show features the Pizz, Shag and Von Franco work.

Pages: 1 5 replies