Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

anybody out there use netflix.com?

Pages: 1 11 replies

we're thinking about signing up w/ netflix.com (for $20/mnth one can rent up to 3 dvds at a time, having them delivered free to yr home & then mailed back out for free when finished).

any tcers use netflix? pros/cons?

thanks,
tiki chris

S
SES posted on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 6:22 AM

I love Netflix! The only con is if you travel for a few weeks they don't have a system in place to put your account on hold so I had to cancel mine. The return place was so close to me that if I mailed one back it would be a 2 day turnover. It works great!

[ Edited by: SES on 2004-01-05 19:29 ]

My bro-in-law swears by it. (and this is a guy who works for the cable company and gets all the channels for free) So it must be worth it.

-Z

Jay and I use it and we really enjoy not heading over to blockbuster at night. It seems that the movies return to netflix quickly and we get new movies within two days. We've been using it to watch classic movies and obscure movies. Plus we have a weekly dosage of The Prisoner.

The only con is if your mailman is a complete fool and can't put the correct mail in your mailbox - we live in an apartment building.

We've been using it for about 6 months and really like it. One of the dvd's was apparently lost in the mail when we returned it to them, and they didn't give us a hassle or charge us for it.
We like classic movies and they have a pretty good selection. We watched "How to Murder Your Wife" with Jack Lemmon last night. It's a great "bachelor gets trapped into marriage" flick.
I figure $20 is way cheaper than renting from the local video/dvd store, and paying late charges when I don't return a disc on time. Plus, I always hated running back and forth to get a movie.

Here's another vote for yea. Netflix has probably saved me about $14,000.00 in late fees, and has some really good films.

Any time I've had a problem with a dvd not playing or getting lost in the mail they have always been cool as a policy. Very easy to deal with.

S
SES posted on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 9:11 AM

I belonged to Netflix for over a year. Will be resubscribing as soon as I get time to watch things again. Never had trouble over reporting missing DVDs. They will ship out a new one the day you report one missing. As long as you don't have too many missing they are fine but if it becomes a habit they might not want you as a customer. Eventually, every DVD ends up showing up but I swear a few went around the world several times first.

[ Edited by: SES on 2004-01-05 19:30 ]

sold! just signed up for my free trial membership.

thanks,
chris

Tiki Chris~

Personally, before I sign-up or try out any type of service or product, I take a quick look at what Epinions.com has to say about it.

About Epinions: Epinions helps people make informed buying decisions. It is the Web's premier consumer reviews platform and the most reliable source for valuable consumer insight, unbiased advice, in-depth product evaluations and personalized recommendations.

This website has been a great help to me in deciding on a service and/or product since the reviews are from consumers directly, and not from the (biased) manufacturers/distributors, who, of course, will only point out the good (not the bad & the ugly) of their product or service they offer.

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

On 2003-10-10 09:32, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Tiki Chris~

Personally, before I sign-up or try out any type of service or product, I take a quick look at what Epinions.com has to say about it.

thanks for the advice. actually, my wife checked out the epinions site earlier (she loves it - i've honestly not used b/c she's always ontop of it). in addition to tc, we're going on the advice of friends & from responses on a forum on which my wife participates.

anyway, i can't imagine that a free trial could hurt.

S
SES posted on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 1:19 PM

[ Edited by: SES on 2004-01-05 19:31 ]

just wanted to say that i've been using netflix for a couple of weeks now & have only good things to say about it (the selection could be slightly better - but it certainly beats the video shops around here!).

thanks everybody for the helpful advice!

Pages: 1 11 replies