Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Baron Von Goolo's Museum of Horrors!

Pages: 1 4 replies

K
Kim posted on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 1:36 PM

For any horror/haunted/Halloween buffs in or near the Portland, Oregon metro area, Tikitronic, Tikimaxton & his lovely wife, another area Tiki buff, Mark, and myself can be seen live and in person all month long at Baron Von Goolo’s Museum of Horrors and Freakshow of Freakish Freaks, which is part of Scream at the Beach in the Janzen Beach shopping center! (whew!)

While there are no truly tiki spooky things in the Museum this year, there is a Corpse Club lounge with undead Shriners! There’s also a Hall of Boogeymen, a graveyard complete with frolicking zombies, a Clown Hall, and more! Be sure to ask about the Chicken Mustache!

For details, check out Baron Von Goolo’s website, http://www.baronvongoolo.com/ (built by Tikitronic!). Also, be sure to check out Mark’s toy store, Dr. Tounge’s 3-D House of Collectible Toys at http://www.drtonguestoys.com. (I believe Mark was going to check TikiCentral out, but I don’t know if he’s got a username just yet…)

I’ll try to remember to take the digital camera and get some photos for those who can’t visit in person!

[ Edited by: Kim on 2003-10-10 13:37 ]

[ Edited by: Kim on 2003-10-10 13:38 ]

Kim,
Kitty and I are heading over, probably tonight. Maxton alerted me to be on the lookout for an evil midget clown (his role) and Maggie as "the sexiest swamp witch you ever saw." Should we also be looking for Medusa? The website features a snake-coifed
evil being that looks a bit like a certain Tiki Centralite. And is Tikitronic the Baron himself?

K
Kim posted on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 3:28 PM

Nope, although the Medusa does look sort of like me (and Tikitronic was orginally using an altered photo of me as the Medusa, but swapped it out for the lady pictured) I am playing an entirely different role. You'll probably recongnize me-- we'll have to see!

Tikitronic is similar to his photo pf the web page-- look for him too! The Baron, Dave Helfrey, is the guy right in the center of the page. Very cool guy!

The haunt is, in my opinion, better than most, and that's partially because it's created & staffed by a lot of un-or-under-employed creative professionals.

H

Oooh! I'll have to find a way to come check it out sometime this month!

p.s. -- any of y'all interested in coming up for our Seattle event at the end of the month? It's a schoolnight, but it's not all that far ....

K
Kim posted on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 4:34 PM

I'd be all for the Seattle event, but the Museum is open Tuesday-Saturday all month, so we're going to be scaring people that night.

If you come down for the Museum though, I bet we could arrange an Alibi trip afterwards!

Pages: 1 4 replies