Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

aloha spirit still alive and well inTC!

Pages: 1 6 replies

E

Aloha all,

those of you who saw the threads may remember that fartsatune, our other Vancouver TCer, found a menu for the Beachcomber, my childhood Tiki place, at a flea and gave it to me.

Well, today Puamana, may Lono bless her richly, contacted me and let me know she is giving me one of the Beahcomber mugs she won on eBay recently.

I am so embarassed at my whiny attitude over getting beaten on these auctions! People have been so good to me here in TC, what an amazing bunch of people. Bless you all (and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving fartsatune, Tikifish, Sweet Daddy Tiki, Coconutz, Slacks Ferret, and those folks who haven't posted for so long like Can-Tiki-E and GreatNorthTiki, you are not forgotten) and thanks for making this the best place to be on the web.

Puamana, mahalo nui loa. You have the coolest back yard in the Northwest, too!

aloha,
emspace.

Wow, what a cool thing for Puamana to have done!

I too would like to extend Canadian Thanksgiving wishes to all my Canadian Tiki Brothers and Sisters. And, since I'll probably forget to post when our friends to the south celebrate their Thanksgiving next month, how 'bout I extend a cheers to them now too?!

It seems we all have so much to be thankful for (wouldn't you agree emspace?).

Aloha,

Slacks

E

Yes indeed.

:)
emspace.

To anyone else who has spare Beachcomberabilia they'd like to share, I would just like to point out that the Beachcomber was also my childhood tiki haunt (22 is considered childhood, right?) :wink:

Thanks for the Gobblefest greetings -- back at 'cha.

S
SES posted on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 10:20 PM

On 2003-10-10 22:16, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
(22 is considered childhood, right?) :wink:

It is to me! Was sooooooooo long ago.
You could not pay me enough to relive my 20's.
:wink:

S

Excuse me while I get a little tiki mushy myself.

Kiliki and I have been to many a rockablilly weekender and other fun events with like minded people. So it's not as though we are anti-social shut-ins.

What I (we) felt at Hukilau last year was just a world away. Holden said it himself on Thursday and I have to echo his sentiment, I felt like I was with family. Part of it had to do with how much fun everyone was having and how happy they were, but a lot of it had to do with the gracious, welcoming spirit of everyone involved. It honestly brought a tear to my eye a couple of times.

These tiki people are the best. It makes it impossible to not do Hukilau again, no matter how tired and poor and stressed we might be. We gotta get these people together again. Call out to all the villagers around the islands and let us luau again. Just being in the company of so many good friends is the best an event can be. And we get emails echoing that sentiment all the time.

I have to ditto that sentiment...There was a seamless, electric mana of good kinship all around that weekend.

Pages: 1 6 replies