Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Finally got a pair of mint witco wall panels

Pages: 1 14 replies

G

Got some extra time today to show my new bargains!

first is of my new witco wall panels. Here is one. I haven't found a spot for the two yet. So I shot them one at a time. they are a little over 5 ft tall.

I say they are in mint because they still have the little catalog on back that has a few pics in black & white and in colored.
also has a numbered lable on the both.
{img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce35b3127cce8048c1d4c87d0000004613[/img]

i cannot make out what this says
{img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce35b3127cce8048c1d3494a0000001610[/img]

the front of the little catalog

the back

the back of the other one

Well I got these for the price of $90. $45 each not bad.

now check out this vintage lamp I got at the swap meet last month. If you have the album of Don Ho and the Alii's you'll see a bunch of these lamps hanging from the bamboo A-frame on the back cover. it's shape of a fish trap. made of thin shells.

my narrow room. I don't do much to this place because i'm still renting. I can't stand that dam seeling lamp/fan too!

k'den
Aloha!

G

here's a pic of the little catalog that didn't come out on the first post

sweet score!

Any chance you could scan that catalog in for us, so we can read it?

A

Looks like you've got lots of other cool stuff floatin' around besides the Witco panels!
A

You hit it big Geck! That lamp is sweet. I like your mermaid/ ship's prow thing too.

Gecko, that lamp is killer! By the way, I will taking my family to Maui next June, do you know of any must see places that I should include in the trip? I'm thinking that any antique, or junk stores may have some yet undiscovered treasure!

Cheers,

KT

the moai lamp, was that from the Tahitian Lanai?

G

the swag lamp cost me $20 for that vintage beauty.

Boobam, how'd ya know? that lamp was actually used in the rooms of the Waikikian home of the Tahitian Lanai. I herd they had a few in the restaurant to.

The ships prow is from the 40's. That was NO swap meet find....I wish.

Hey Gecko,
Maybe yours is original, but I got that same shipsprow / figurehead from a guy on ebay about 2 years ago. He calls her Polynesian Princess. I think he must cast them, or else has a warehouse full. She looks great with the tiki stuff though.
Congrat's on the Witcos. That was a major lucky find.
KG

E

Sweeeeeet!!!
Mmm-hmmm,
em

Y'know, it's not often you'll hear "Say, those are some damn fine panels" from my mouth, but it so applies in this case.
Nice score!

That's a bellringer...that paint is keen, keen, keen.

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Oct 15, 2003 9:19 PM

yes it is a nice score but I'm still hungry!!

Kreaky Tiki,
Sorry braddah, don't know much about da neighbor islands. I've only lived here on Oahu. I know there main tourist spots but no hide away places like our La Mariana and our antique stores. I'm sure you'll have fun though. Enjoy paradise.

Aloha

Aloha

G
gonzo posted on Thu, Oct 16, 2003 8:25 AM

Interesting I have the same pair. Witco must of made a lot of these. They are very close if not exactly the same as mine.

Congrats

Very very nice Gecko!
Thanks for sharin.

A Tiki Cheers To You!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-10-16 09:24 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies