Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Know of any nice Tiki Frame stock?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I was at Aaron Brothers today and saw a nice selection of bamboo/polynesian type frame stock. (I'm gonna frame my Shag Disney print.) A couple of nice grass mat type mattes as well.

Just thought before I plunked down some cash if anyone had any recommendations or better yet pictures of their "tiki" type frames.

An after thought... I was just in Hawaii and stopped into a place called "Tiki's" (gee, what made me stop there?) They had a lot of Shag prints and other tiki art on the wall very nicely framed. In fact they had some prints matted with Shag art on the Mattes! Anyone know anyting about that?

I've been debating on just how to frame my TikiRoom 40th print. My gut reaction was to frame it exactly the same as my TikiRoom Attraction poster (the small repro offered before Disneys' print-on-demand) which I have in a weave matting and a bamboo frame. But holding the Shag print up to the other frame & mat, I'm not so sure- The colors don't quite work, and the image seems to "pop" less.

As sad as it seems, I think I may have to opt for a classic gallery style black frame & white mat. The print would actually look better- though it does feel like it goes against logic. I don't know. I'm still on the fence. Anyone else have any input? a pic of your frames perhaps?

-Z

You must check out framefetish.com. Link (yes that is his name) is second to none in custom cut mattes and hand selected frames. We had him frame a 30x40 tiki room attraction print earlier this year and the end result was incredible. It went from "ordinary poster" to work of art. The impact he could have on the serigraph would be even better.

Check him out.

Here is a low res picture of our frame.

Take a look at this link. Scroll all the way through and see if you like the frames shown in the pictures. We've got lot's of talent here on TC. A custom frame could be made for you.

S

Monkeyman, that's one of the ones I saw at Tiki's in Hawaii. Thanks for the link... and SCD the link to the other thread is great. Hellova lot of talent on these boards!

Pages: 1 4 replies