Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Martin Denny on ebay

Pages: 1 7 replies

Check this out....!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=893598197&rd=1

What a price for a 20 minute video!!

:tiki:

T

Maybe the buyer figures he'll make and sell copies of it and recoup his investment?

Tiki-bot

check out the bid history. item started at twenty bucks, then went to 42 dollars, and from there goes to 800$$!!!! all in 5 bids. pretty wack-o.

M
mig posted on Tue, Jul 30, 2002 8:11 AM

I bet the two guys that bid $800 are PISSED!!! I bet that each one put an artificially-high price, thinking that maybe it would go for $100 or $150, and that their bid would guarantee them the win. They probably didn't think anybody else would bid that high though. HAHAHAAA!!!!!! I should have pestered them to bid on my Shag print.

What's particularly dumb is that since this is a video, the guy selling them can probably just knock out a few whenever he has a few minutes on his hands. Even if there were just a couple of bidders and it went for $25, he'd assume it was worth running off some more copies.

It will suck so badly for the guy who paid $850 to see the same vid appearing weekly on ebay for about $820 less than he paid.

Trader Woody

That is absolutely insane!! I love Martin Denny as much as the next guy but $800!!!!!
For that much money I would hope the poor/insane buyer will at least get free shipping...

Johntiki
:drink:

i would imagine that 800 smack-a-roos would pay most (if not all) of the bill to have mr. denny perform in one's own home tiki bar for 20 minutes!

maybe the guy meant to put $80 and pressed an extra zero by mistake.

When his wife sees the Visa bill, he's gonna have a lot of 'splainin to do..

If my husband paid $800 for a video, I'd have him committed!

Jungle Pam

Pages: 1 7 replies