Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

TURBOgod coming back to Red Bank, NJ

Pages: 1 35 replies

T

Well it looks like I will be back in NJ from Nov 5-7 for more training. I most definately will be up for something that Thursday.

Hey Turbo! Just got back from Chan's this evening, and well, it's still there in all it's glory and I'm already itchin' to go back.

As far as I can, Thursday November Sixth should be a free evening for me.

Also, if you have any more free time and would like to do something around the Red Bank area or would like come by and check out my home bar, just let me know.

Later,
Tiki Chris

T

Sounds good to me. I will be staying at the same Marriot again. as long as the class isn't cancelled, I will be there.

On 2003-10-18 08:42, Turbogod wrote:
Sounds good to me. I will be staying at the same Marriot again. as long as the class isn't cancelled, I will be there.

Great! Anybody else interested in meeting up at Chan's (or something else) on Thursday November 6th?

Aloha,
Tiki Chris

D
davew posted on Fri, Oct 24, 2003 9:35 AM

will be in austin to see los straitjackets that night,otherwise.......have fun folks-------------------dave from jersey

I am dying to go to Chan's....

Perhaps I can join?

Well, the class is definately on. I will be there 5-7th.

On 2003-10-24 09:59, inkylouise wrote:
I am dying to go to Chan's....

Perhaps I can join?

of course.

fun fun fun,
tiki chris

MC

Hey, I LOVE Chan's!! I wanna go too.
M C

hey. this is turnin' into a thing! great!

T

So I guess we're all heading to Chan's on Thursday? Sounds great to me.

when do y'all want to meet?

I am not sure how we are getting out there, I know the bus is a possiblity. I will look into the route again.

Seeming where is a "school night" I would rather go a bit earlier than later, maybe leaving NY around 5:30/6? Chan's by 7?

Manic, we could take a car service home together.(?)

MC

okay-dokey

T

Allright MC. Slow talkers unite!

T

Drat, I will be in Florida visiting my parents, please give me a rain check...

MC

Ok. I'm finally back in the game. Work has been a crap-fest, so I ran away to manchester, England for the weekend to play soccer in a Ukrainian indoor tournament. Eclectic enough for you? And you guys thought I was only TIKI. But I have been neglecting the Tiki Gods. So, what's the plan for Thursday? we going to Chan's?
and Inky, THANK YOU MAHALO 100 TIMES for the b-day card! It was so cool! And Happy B-day to you! I'm so sorry I was too lame and this well-wisheing is belated.
MC

it's a school night for me too. so, early-ish is best. i'll need to get out of there by 10:30/11:00.

i think that i can make it to chan's by/around 7. i should have a better idea this evening & will post as soon as i figure out my schedule.

turbo, i presume you're still riding w/ me?

looking forward to tomorrow,
tiki chris

T

Yep, I was planning on heading up with you Chris. My classes are starting early aas well, so I don't mind get an early start and heading back early. Looking forward to meeting you all.

TC

turbogod & i will leave here (around red bank) around 6. it'll take an hour to an hour & 1/2 to get there (depending upon the weather, traffic, etc.)

I have been rifling through the old threads for bus directions and I found them. I am currently waiting to here back from the restaurant for confirmation. I think we can take a bus from Port Authority about 6:30 and get there by 7:15 ish. I will update with more exact info.

Manic- will we be able to go out there together? What time are you getting out of work? My office is right by the station so it's easy for me.

We can celebrate a belated mutual TIKI b-day tonight!

MC

I'm doped up on cold medication now. So, that means I'm ready for action!!! Give me a time and a place, and I'll be there. But--I forgot my cell phone, so we'll make it specific. Should I meet you at your workplace? I'll leave here at 5pm. I'm sick of this dump. There's not enought Tiki representation in this museum, I say. Gimme some Chan's!!!

I am addicted to Day-Quil, so I know how you are feeling!

There is a 6:50 bus that will take us a block away by 7:22. If we miss that we can do a 7:10 that gets in about 7:40.

My office is a difficult place to get to at rush hour. Can we meet at 6pm outside of the Duane Reade at the NW corner of 42 and 8th? that should give us enough time to get tickets and find the bus, etc....

I am soooo excited to be going to chan's tonight, Sweet and Sour YUM!

Have you tried a NyQuil Screwdriver? A "shot" of Cherry NyQuil in a glass of OJ. A few of those & you're feeling much better. It only works with the cherry, never use the "green" flavor :Shudder:.

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2003-11-06 09:39 ]

MC

Yes! We are Sweet N Sour Sisters as well!!! I love that red stuff!

I'm gonna order one of those nyquil screwdrivers at the bar.

see you at the meeting spot.

TC

thanks for the fun night, y'all.

I NEED A NAP!

T

Thank you TikiChris, Inky and Manic. i had a great time @ Chan's. Sure I am the one that had the Chicken and has a problem with thier mail carrier. I can't get the soap outa ma mouf. Ladies, I hope you 2 made it ok. That $60 was unreal. BTW...Welcome to Jamaica, have a nice Day!

I Need a Nap too!

Oh yeah that was fun!

Welcome to Jamaica....have a nice day.

T

Jeez inky, that's odd. We both posted @ the same exact time. :) Had a great time, Chan's made my trip to NJ.

oh sure, well thats the tiki mojo for ya

On 2003-11-06 21:46, inkylouise wrote:
Oh yeah that was fun!

Queens?

TC

On 2003-11-07 07:27, freddiefreelance wrote:

Oh yeah that was fun!

Queens?

if the ... erm ... [shoe] fits ...

On 2003-11-07 07:37, Tiki Chris wrote:

On 2003-11-07 07:27, freddiefreelance wrote:

Oh yeah that was fun!

Queens?

if the ... erm ... [shoe] fits ...

[In my best Little Richard voice] No, no, no! Shut up! [/Little Richard]

Jamaica's a neighborhood in Queens where some of my family used to live. My Great-Great Gran'pa was Sheriff of Queens County many, many years ago.

TC

manic cat -

i think we got our doggie bags mixed up!

oh well, i guess i'll have leftover nuclear-orange breaded meat clumps (w/ pickles) for lunch!

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-11-07 08:43 ]

yum, sounds like you will need some NyQuil to wash it down.

MC

I know! I was disappointed this morning when I expected to have Sweet 'n sour chicken for breakfast. My first thought was, "Oh poor Tiki CHris! He's not gonna like what he got!"

It was a great time. Sorry I was spacey--I think that I had a Nyquil Screwdriver without even trying!

Freedie. --the Jamaica reference--it's a punchline to a joke. I don't wanna post it all. It's a dirty one. :)

Pages: 1 35 replies