Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

First Unofficial New England Tiki Event Pictures!

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

It's a start! Our night at the Hu Ke Lau in Chicopee, Mass. was a great time. The participants consisted of two Northeasterners, tikigreg and Wahine Kathleen, and representing for the West Coast was the venerable stentiki. Cool Polynesian show as always, except they substituted the fire dancers for a quasi-Lion King number (Yikes!) Maybe we need to go on Saturday for the fire dancers.

Here are a few pics:

Next stop, Burlington and Primo Kimo's tiki bar!

Aloha!

C
CHRIS posted on Sat, Oct 18, 2003 7:10 PM

They stopped doing the fire dancers after the nightclub fire in West Warwick.

Tikigreg and Kathleen,

Mahalo again for meeting me and your great hospitality last Friday! Once again, it's great to confirm that the folks on Tiki Central are good people and Tikigreg are some of the best!

The show was excellent and far exceeded my expectations. I didn't realize that such and authentic and quality Polynesian review could be produced in such a remote area! A must see for anyone traveling to this area.

And, as I mentioned last week, what irony that I should be watching a Polynesian review in Chicopee, Mass while my Hoiti Toiti Homies are watching the Polynesian review back home in Huntington Beach.

Amazing!

I'm looking forward to meeting you again at the undisclosed Tiki Bar you mentioned somewhere in Canton tomorrow night. I'll give you a call regarding to get the scoop.

You're a globe trotter Arty. Always trottin' around the globe.

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

MC

Uncle Arty--the Official Ambassodor of TC!!

M C

Hey Ohana,

Man, I got a Travelin' Jones goin! Just back from Connecticut and leaving for Maui tomorrow (weren't you just there, Lucky?). Just trying to spread the Tiki Love...can you feel it?

Happy Birthday, Manic! Sorry I missed you but catcha on January. "Seppa tao, my damie!" :wink:

I also got to hang with Inky on Saturday! My goal is to get New England Tiki together with New York Tiki for a Northeast Tiki Thang. Think about it, gang!

Tiki Greg and Kathleen,

Once again, many mahalos for your wonderful New England hospitality! You guys have an awesome tiki pad! It was great meeting you two and I look forward to seeing you out here for Tiki Oasis. We'll have to get the HT's together for a mini crawl.

Tiki Greg makes a mean pina coloda and Kathleen is oh so cool! Their collection of limited edition Munktiki and moai mugs is amazing.

Cool Bosko bar and I even got to see the giant Moai Tiki Greg made. Man, it was cold out there in the backyard (it snowed a little) but I had a blast! Thanks again for the Tikifest Mug -- I'm honored! I'll post pix when I return from my travels.

You guys are the best!

T

Sten,
Glad that you had a good time while you were here. It was our pleasure to have you at our digs. We'll definitely have to make it an annual event, or even more often if you get out again sooner!

~ tikigreg

S

Tiki Greg & Kathleen,

Aloooohaa!

As promised, here are a few pix from your fab home! These pix don't do your place justice, but since you're too modest to share your creations I thought I'd take the liberty here.

Tiki Greg's Giant Moai in storage.

Moai Moais. :wink:
When they are active they have flames coming out of their heads!

Volcano in storage. This thing actually flames and smokes (sorry about the long shot, it was too damn cold to get any closer!).

At home with Tiki Greg and Kathleen after one round of pina coladas.

"Kona O'Brian" (I love the name) - I think this is a Mai Tiki?

Tiki Greg's bar by Bosko. This picture doesn't do it justice. Very cool carvings and an incredible Munktiki limited edition collection on the shelf above.

A very cool Tiki Hut. Once again, Mahalo for having me over.

S
SES posted on Tue, Nov 4, 2003 6:52 AM

[ Edited by: SES on 2004-01-05 00:02 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies