Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

the Cramps are coming

Pages: 1 13 replies

The Halloween vibe will still be lingering when everbody's favorite psychobilly band plays here in San Diego on November 2. The Cramps will be at at 4th & B downtown. Opening will be the Gore Gore Girls.

That's a must see...seems like I remember last Halloween they played near here at the 40-watt in Athens, Ga.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-10-18 20:43 ]

We went and saw Kiss last night. They still have it! Aerosmith were goin' off also. They have a new record coming out that is full blown blues! (Kiss and the Cramps- sort of related (?)) The venue (Glenn Helen Park aka Blockbuster aka Hyundai aka too many people)was a nightmare!

I've always said Kiss and The Cramps, as far as live bang-for-your-buck, are simply the finest quality entertainment anywhere.

T

The Cramps are a favorite band of mine. I haven't been to 4th & B in forever and I don't remember how seating is. I know it's a small venue but can you actually "reserve" seats with your tickets or is it first come first served?

I'm definitely there!

4th & B is open seating with tables & chairs at the back (w/ bar service if you're patient) and festival seating / dance floor up front. The last time I was there was about six months ago for Blue Oyster Cult. A rather enjoyable evening, not a bad seat in the house. They also have three bars there (I spent about 40 bucks on drinks) so that was convenient. The club occupies an old Bank of America building, so that should give you a rough idea of the size an layout. If I had my choice of local venues to see the Cramps, this would probably be my 2nd choice (the 1st being my living room...of course).

T

That's right! It has been so long since I've been there I couldn't remember. I've been to plenty of shows at the Casbah back in the 80's but couldn't quite remember 4th and B. I think my last show at the Casbah was Madness. The Cramps show is a must!

tikichic - speaking of the Casbah, you just reminded me that Juliette Lewis (of Natural Born Killers fame) and her band The Licks is playing there TONIGHT! I've got half a mind (well...maybe 3/4's) to head on down there and check that out. If your a crazy, impulsive person like me I'll probably see ya there. Damn...while looking over the Casbah flier I see Lydia Lunch is playing the same night as the Cramps. Why in the hell aren't these two bands sharing a bill? Probably because Lydia Lunch (God bless her heart) is a total BITCH and nobody but maybe Henry Rollins can stand to play with her! I know I couldn't!

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-10-19 19:56 ]

I saw Social Distortion @ 4th & B about 2 years ago. It was an Oneil Surf party thang. That place reminded me of a rectangular mini Hollywood Paladium with no bells and whistles. Cool place to see a show. The Cramps will go off there! Enjoy!

Ben, I read in the paper about 4 days ago that the KISS guitar player was wounded in a shooting outside the Rainbow. I always found the Rainbow to be a pretty laid back place. A convenient watering hole after the Whiskey show let out. My last wife used to hang there quite often after she got off work at the Starwood. Gee, I feel so deprived living down here in the sleepy little hamlet of San Diego.

T

Hey Shipwreckjoey! Did you make it down to the Casbah last night? Thanks for the info regarding Lydia Lynch. Yes, that would be a killer show to have the Cramps along with Lydia Lynch at one show. What a pity! I just realized that the Cramps show is on a Sunday. Man, that is a difficult day. I wonder why they didn't try for a Friday or Saturday night? Oh well, I'll try my best to be there. :wink:

On 2003-10-19 19:36, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
...while looking over the Casbah flier I see Lydia Lunch is playing the same night as the Cramps. Why in the hell aren't these two bands sharing a bill? Probably because Lydia Lunch (God bless her heart) is a total BITCH and nobody but maybe Henry Rollins can stand to play with her! I know I couldn't!

No, Not Henry Rollins. Nick Cave & JG Thirwell (Feotus) are about it.

T

Hey Shipwreckjoey!
Did you, or any other TC'ers, make it to the show? I was unable to attend but I'm curious how it was?

Sorry to say I completely spaced it. Between the fire and holloween my concentration that weekend went right out the window. I gotta get my priorities in order.

"fat, drunk & stupid is no way to go through life" - Dean Wormer

Pages: 1 13 replies