Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Anybody here try RU-21?

Pages: 1 13 replies

M

http://www.ru21usa.com/main.html

It's getting a lot of press as a super-powered hangover prevention pill. Just curious if anyone has any experience with it.

I would like to believe that something like this will exist one day, but I honestly think, after years of experimentation, that the only preventative measure for a hangover is abstinence.

(now that's f&$*ed up!)

Isn't this going to create a lot of confusion with RU14, which clears up a different kind of alcohol-related damage?

Good one PJ!

DZ

We were just talking about this at Sam's the other night. I read an article about it in Rolling Stone, which included the same website. However, according to the article (and the website itself, if you can wade through all the scientific jargon), the pill is NOT an anti-hangover pill, but rather a pill that PREVENTS you from getting intoxicated in the first place! Who the f**k wants that?? (Apparently Russian KGB agents, who were to use it so they could outdrink their counterparts but still remain sober, that's who!)

I for one am not interested in trying a pill to avoid intoxication, and besides, I can't believe that all this supposed 'serious research and development' went into this pill, and all they could come up with for a name was the cutesy "are you twenty-one"!

Of course, if anyone does try it, I'd like to know if it works!

Doctor Z
Mix-maestro of the Castaway Lounge,
Redondo Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Doctor Z on 2003-10-21 19:37 ]

T

On 2003-10-21 19:34, Doctor Z wrote:
(Apparently Russian KGB agents, who were to use it so they could outdrink their counterparts but still remain sober, that's who!)

Yeah, but it never worked. The KGB agents still got drunk. Didn't they have an episode on "Get Smart" were he took a pill like this. He wasn't supposed to swallow, but ofcourse he did. Or was that some other show? Or a wonderful dream?

Turbogod, I am glad I'm not the only person who confuses dreams and TV shows....it just gets worse the older you get (so I've been told) :P The only way around it is...(you guessed it) Kill Your TV!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-10-21 22:51 ]

HL

RU-21 -- sounds like either the title of a submarine movie or a pickup line in a online chat room. :)

M

So...I guess that's a no. :roll:

A friend of mine in my homebrew club said that taking brewer's yeast pills which is high in vitamin b helps make hangovers easier to deal with.

how about this stuff?

Chasers

T

Or you could just take vitamin B!

Garlic pills seem to help the night before or morning after (forget which) but I haven't taken them in a long time. I am recalling this from my young and foolish days. Now I am old and foolish.

Hair of the dog always works for me or preferably rum of the Mai Tai

D

I tried RU-21 last night and it works perfectly. Woke up this morning feeling great, had to take about 10 tablets though

Pages: 1 13 replies