Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Anybody here working on this?

Pages: 1 6 replies

P

http://www.cosmicassociates.com/oceanic_arts_mainframe.htm

Following the advice of Trader Pup, I google-typed "native binding" and up popped this gem. I'd been waiting for them to get on the air.

Hope they add some more specific photos and amounts and costs... good start though.

Hey, they updated the site, Awesome! These folks are the nicest. If you haven't been,then you gots to go! TIKI 101

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Oct 23, 2003 3:11 PM

Right on!!! da bes in da bizness!! If you live within 8 hours of driving, GO DRIVE!! it will be worth da visit! Like Chiki sed "they are really nice"!!!!

HL

It looks like a version of their website under development -- notice the first part of the URL.

God, if I made something that looked like that I'd get laughed out of the industry. Anybody know Leroy? I'd be happy to hook them up with something that looks professional.

Know him , and enjoy just visiting with him and talking shop with them two. Leroys on vacation cruising in the caribbean, but you problably should talk to Bob. That is more his area, who know's maybe it's Bob's work? so...

R

On 2003-10-25 22:07, Hot Lava wrote:
God, if I made something that looked like that I'd get laughed out of the industry.

I agree it is a pathetic website and that is unfortunate since everyone that knows them speaks highly of them and thier establishment. Even some more JPGs of what is available would help.

P

I just want to buy some "native binding and lashing."

I'm sure they will continue updating so that some of the stuff can be purchased by us needy souls who don't live in CA.

As far as the look of the site goes - from what I've heard, they would probably be very approachable. Shoot - I'd have my company do it for trade-out.

Beat THAT, Lava-boy. :wink:

P.S. Got a new uke recently and you've GOT to see it. I'll post a pic on the main page in a few days. I should swing over to St. Pete sometime in the near future and we'll taste some rums at Conch Republic (just south of Tiki Gardens' Memorial Parking Lot) and jam a bit. I'm getting better at my Hawai'ian pronounciations everyday.

Pages: 1 6 replies