Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Shecky #144 on eBay

Pages: 1 20 replies

J
JTD posted on Thu, Oct 23, 2003 5:31 PM

Not my auction. Please keep Shecky in the ohana (that means fambly, right?).

-JTD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3249388307&category=29460

[ Edited by: JTD on 2003-10-23 19:15 ]

Oh man, I'd hate to see a non-TCer get a Shecky, especially since I was too poor to buy one when they were released. I was around when they we were all submitting designs, fercryin'outloud! If anybody wants to sell a Shecky to a deserving and long-time Tiki Socialite, please contact me off list, 'cause NOW I can afford the darn thing!

C

TM, have you a PayPal account? I'll send you a few bucks to help you win the auction.

Keep Shecky in TC!

Beware Tikimax,
I have my eye on it too.
Good luck to all of us TCers.

T

Man, I am curious to see what my little green creation finally goes for! I shall never part with my own Sheckys though.

Much like when Sven got 700 clams for his video, even though I had one and could have used the cash, I won't sell. It's bad karma!

Lordy, the little green guy's up to $65! I expect he'll go to $100 or beyond before the snipers are through with him. Too rich for my blood, and far more than i'll probably ever spend on any single mug, regardless of my finances. But thanks for the offer of help.

H

Does anyone know if the people who are bidding on it are TCers?

I've gotta say, Cultjam did a wonderful thing when she sold a Shecky to me for cost. (She'd been able to aqcuire a lower-numbered Shecky, and felt it was time to release her old one into the wild.) She could have made a lot of money off of it, but she wanted to make sure a TCer got it. I now view it as my very special hanai mug. It was extremely generous of her, and I owe her a slew of Zombies for it.

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-10-27 15:19 ]

On 2003-10-27 13:23, TikiMaxton wrote:
Lordy, the little green guy's up to $65! I expect he'll go to $100 or beyond before the snipers are through with him. Too rich for my blood, and far more than i'll probably ever spend on any single mug, regardless of my finances. But thanks for the offer of help.

i own three sheckies (but i think i'd be happy w/ 2), if you really want one i might be up fer sum tradin'!

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-10-27 15:19 ]

Really? Well, I have some interesting stuff I've accumulated. I'll do an inventory and let you know what I have that I'm willing to trade. I'd LOVE to have a Shecky to call my own.

Hey no fair!
Unga aint rollin in the coconuts ($) either. :)

Hey follow tiki's, as a newie help me. I can obviously see the beauty of Shecky, but whats the history / fasination with this particular mug? I need to learn!

The Shecky mug is the offical mascot mug of tiki central it was designed by tikifish and made by munktiki in an edition of 150 mugs.
you can see the lovely Shecky here..

http://www.munktiki.com/shecky.htm

...but it dosen't show the rear of the mug which has the cutes little bum i've ever seen on a mug.

May the tiki gods smash my mugs. Sincere grovelling apologies to Tikifish and Muntiki and follow TC-ers...I didn't realise Shecky was OUR mascot. Now I HAVE to have one...I'd better get saving those pennies.

On 2003-10-24 13:25, tikifish wrote:
Man, I am curious to see what my little green creation finally goes for! I shall never part with my own Sheckys though.

Much like when Sven got 700 clams for his video, even though I had one and could have used the cash, I won't sell. It's bad karma!

"I don't believe in that Karma baloney."..."uhhhhhhh, carmel baloney." Homer Simpson

C

Shucks.

I ordered Shecky just before leaving for Palm Springs, then was allowed to sneak into Oasis and had a insane case of gottahaveitnowitis and bought a Shecky there too. It was all sparked by a cute blond chiquita who snagged the last El Bastardo as I hesitated. Hmmm...or should I say Humu? I don't know for sure.

By the way, thanks Aquarj and Baxdog (I think) for letting a tiki newbie come lately get a little taste of the splendor of Oasis.

Besides that, it was fun hiding the Shecky on eBay so only a devoted TCer would find him.

And besides that, I've got a red El Bastardo now. Gracias Stucky!

Lisa Lisa

[ Edited by: Cultjam on 2003-10-30 21:19 ]

H

On 2003-10-29 23:47, Cultjam wrote:
It was all sparked by a cute blond chiquita who snagged the last El Bastardo as I hesitated. Hmmm...or should I say Humu? I don't know for sure.

Nope, not me... I don't collect mugs (love to see others' collections, but I don't want to start down that slippery slope). Shecky is the only one I've purchased for myself.

We have a winner for only $67.
Unga has to save for Christmas presents. Oh well, next time.

[i]On 2003-10-29 23:47, Cultjam wrote:It was all sparked by a cute blond chiquita who snagged the last El Bastardo as I hesitated. Hmmm...or should I say Humu? I don't know for sure.
Hmmm, I'm NOT as cute a blond chiquita as is Humuhumu, but I'm pretty sure I'm the one who snagged the last El Bastardo. (Somebody next to me bummed out that there were no more, as mine was being being wrapped.) In fact, I KNOW I wasn't very cute then - that was The Dreaded Hangover Saturday!!
But are you saying there was a Shecky there to be had and I missed him? Wah!! Another time, another Shecky (I hope).

*On 2003-10-30 12:12, Formikahini wrote:*Hmmm, I'm NOT as cute a blond chiquita as is Humuhumu

Yeah, maybe not as cute, but definitely more DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! Ooh la la, you could give Sandy Warner a run for her money any day, hung over or not!

C

YOU!!!

Pages: 1 20 replies