Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay...Big $$$ Scorpion Bowl - - What The @&*# !!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

I can't believe this went for this much. I've got two of these from the Aku Aku here in Las Vegas. I wonder if mine is worth this much. I like the $3 price I paid for mine much better. What do you guys think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3248005493&category=29460&rd=1

R

I think that in 10 years it will be worth about $3 again, but now someone is willing to pay that much :roll: When I hacked in Vegas I used to tell my passengers "P. T. Barnum was wrong, they aren't born every minute, but every second!" :D

[ Edited by: Rattiki on 2003-10-23 23:38 ]

Where is Kohalacharms getting this endless bucket of money from? I'd love to be able to shell out and get that bowl but knowing that they still exhist in the wild, I'll just keep looking. I let you guys know when I find one. Don't go anywhere.

M

I'm not surprised at all by that auction amount. I'd love to have that piece- it's really hard to find anything from the Tonga that isn't a coconut or a bucket. That's a real beauty. I sold something to Kohalacharms a few weeks ago- really nice guy, but man: the King of Disposable Income!

lucky bastard

E

I too have been recently in touch with the mighty kohalacharms, and let me tell you: a real gentleman and a completely sincere and dedicated collector. I have groused in 'Collecting Tiki' many a time over him and edgeoftexas, but I hear he's a swell guy too, and I have to admit it's all just envy. Wish I could do what they do...

aloha,
em.

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Oct 24, 2003 6:26 PM

AUWWWIE! dats wun nice bowl but for 200+ It betta hold sum water and get me high!

I cannot believe you got 2 for $3 each! dats da type a stuff dats pisses me off!! but good for you!

F

the aku aku version is way more common.

Pages: 1 6 replies