Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Jade East of Towson

Pages: 1 6 replies

Yahooooooooooooo!!!!! I just won 5 count them 5 mugs from The Jade East of Towson Md.on ebay. I will have to pass one along to turbogod for letting me use his pc during our power outage

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2122854669&rd=1

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2002-07-23 20:54 ]

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2002-07-23 20:56 ]

I remember the Jade East in Towson was right on the corner of York Road and Towsontown Blvd. - It was long before I was into tiki and it just looked like a run of the mill Chinese restaurant. To be honest I think it closed in the early 90's. Just wanted to share my remembrance.

Good score!

Hey, Power O' - Do you have any sentimental connection to the restaurant? That makes the acquisition even sweeter. Do you know anything about the place? Congrats.

I can remember when I was growing up in the late 60’s my parents had what I would call a somewhat Tiki bar in the basement. They had Shag style prints on the knotty pine walls and some other Tiki style decoration’s spread around. Friends and neighbors would come over once or twice a mouth the blender would be whirling around mixing up frozen drinks. After one or two drinks everyone would head over to the Jade East in Towson for dinner and drinks. Then they all came back and partied and dance the night away.

I bought 2 of the mugs from Powerofthetiki and am quite thrilled to own another piece of authentic MD tiki culture...I've got one displayed showing the front - the other showing Towson MD on the back...

:drink:

Just Cool!!

JohnTiki

Greetings to all from The Pi Yi Lenai in luxurious Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: Johntiki on 2002-08-24 20:34 ]

M

Maryland Tiki? What other kind is there?

I am going to have three mugs from Maryland Tiki palace Luau Hut starting tomorrow on Ebay...check 'em out!

My Great-Grandfather 5x was the first govenor of Maryland. I gots roots there, baby!

midnit

J

The other Baltimore tiki bar I know of was the Hawaiian Room at the Emerson Hotel...
I've got a moai mug and a swizzle stick from the place - always looking for more items...
postcards, menus, etc.

:drink:

Pages: 1 6 replies