Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

New Swank Pad main page. Opinions?

Pages: 1 9 replies

S

I have been working on this new front page, but I am not sure if it is right for the site. Sure, it looks good, but if you have never been to the site, do you think you could figure anything out that was on the site? Should I make this the new index or not? (The links will not work as they are, so don't bother clicking on anything.)

Here it is

Swank,
This is way cool. It looks like it's coming along just fine.
I love the Space Age Retro era. Let us know the date on the official launch.

Swanky,
I like it alot. With the page cut up like that it loaded really fast on my cable modem.

S
SES posted on Sun, Oct 26, 2003 12:45 PM

Looks great! With the alt text showing up I don't see any confusion issues for people.

hey swanky,
i can definitely dig. the links dont distract from the larger image, but could maybe use some type of framing to pull them forward (but not to the point of distraction). Jackie gleason presents music for lovers has an inset photo of another album in the right bottom corner, and they use a simple white frame(which may be the border on that cover anyways, but it works as an element).
your cover page makes me want to pull out records, light some candles, and choke down a few martinis. bravo.

Very smooth. Like Zacapa Centenario...

Swanky, I think you've nailed it! Very impressive. I wouldn't change a thing.

S

Tikitanked: I had that thought too. I may try to find a way to do that.

Unanimous so far. If that's how you spell it! Anybody pulled it up on a 56k connection? Is it okay loading?

S

I just gave it a try and I think my dial up is something less than 56k. It loaded nicely. (Actually faster than my own site does.)

Nice artwork. I'll be looking forward to the launch! Let me know!

S

It loads just fine on 56k. Isn't that a Jackie Gleason cover ? I seem to remember a 7" with that photo. BTW, I really appreciate The Swank Pad. We don't get much radio where I live, so I rely on internet radio alot. Swank Pad is on in my shop quite a bit.
Thanks for all the work you put into it.

Pages: 1 9 replies