Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Tomorrows News...San Diego Goes Up In Flames

Pages: 1 2 replies

Woke up this morning to a grey sky filled with ash and smoke. A small orange sun barely peeking through the haze. San Diego is on fire and it's heading my way! This has to be the worst state disaster since the Enron power rape of 2000/2001! By the time you read this I might be just a charred corpse sitting at a melted pile of plastic and metal. I put on a few tunes to orchestrate the tragedy as it unfolds.

• "I am the God of hellfire...and I bring you ...FIRE!
  • "Motorcity's burnin'...Black Panther snipers wouldn't let 'em put it out, wouldn't let 'em out, wouldn't let 'em put it out...AAAAAAh"
    Big ALOHA goes out to all TC folks in north county. You guys are probably hit the worst. Hope your O.K.

Aww yes. Arthur Brown's "Fire"
My brother saw him in concert back in the day, and said he lit his hair on fire. (a wig obviously)
Hope you're okay!
The Chargers and Dolphins playing in Tempe Arizona tonite because of the flames Whoooah! That's Big!

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-10-27 13:49 ]

An area larger than the city of Chicago has now burned in San Diego county. 11 people dead in San Diego, 24 more possibly so.

I checked on some friends in Poway, the fire came up to their back fence but didn't touch their house. They're staying with their youngest son's girlfriend's family 'til the fire's out & they have power again. With the red sky, tiny sun & blackened, ash covered ground the area looks like Mars.

In Arthur Brown news: he used to set fire to the top of an American football helmet while wearing it. He's currently playing keyboards for Hawkwind.

Pages: 1 2 replies