Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

West African Internet & email Scams

Pages: 1 2 replies

I was reading another forum and noticed a few members had been targeted by this same scam as I was...anyway I found a link which gives some background and examples. When I was targeted, I contacted the local sheriff dept who referred me to the fBI who finally referred me to the dept of defense. The agent told me they had been investigating this scam for several years. Unbelievably, people still fall for the scam everyday. They send a thousand emails out and even if they get one return it makes their day very lucerative.
http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/crimes/business/nigerian.htm

Last year somebody sent me this hiLARious transcript of a gal who acted as though she were going along with it, but "needed some more information." It ended with her planning to marry the email author, even after she'd sent the most horrific photoshopped supposed self-portrait. "Ah, you are so beautiful, and I am so fortunate that we are to be married," he answered. Finally, she "broke off" the engagement afetr milking it for quite a while, (I think)because she, "learned that he'd written someone ELSE - the cheater!"
Anyone else get that email about a year or two ago? It was a hoot!

Pages: 1 2 replies