Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

What's up with Tiki Bob's?

Pages: 1 5 replies

K
kah706 posted on Thu, Apr 4, 2002 5:38 AM

After years of walking past the old Tiki Bob's on Post St. on my way to work and sighing at its sad state, I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are plans to revive it?

~Kelly

H

Well?

J

Discussion of the recent state of the San Franciso Tiki Bob's can be found here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=6319&forum=2&start=15

B

Aloha,
You know...I don't think that will ever happen. First, the food can't be recreated, the cooks who worked there are dead and gone, although I could cook most of the menu since I worked in the kitchen for many years...I have no interest in doing so. Second, the drinks...no recipes, I have them and again I have no interest . So if by chance if someone took it upon themselves to try...it would be a but a pale shadow of the original. You just can't go back, even though I do think of it at times, the restaurant business is tough, low profit margin and all, just not worth it.

Kal

H

On 2006-11-27 19:37, BornTiki wrote:
...Second, the drinks...no recipes, I have them and again I have no interest . ...
Kal

Kal, since they're not going anywhere, could you share any of the more unique drink recipes here on Tiki Central? You would have a very appreciative audience over in TC's "Tiki Drinks and Food" forum.

On 2006-11-27 19:37, BornTiki wrote:
Aloha,
You know...I don't think that will ever happen. First, the food can't be recreated, the cooks who worked there are dead and gone,

Well, we could revive them and call it "Zombie Kitchen"! :)

Sorry, Kal, bad joke. I am glad you are still with us. My new book will again show the Bob's famous face, on two occasions. May he live on forever.

Pages: 1 5 replies