Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM COMES TO CD!!!

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hello friends!
This is a very exciting time for Disneyland/Tiki music fans! I took the time to sit and listen to the recently released Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki ROom CD that I recently purchased at Disneyland from the Wonderland Music Store system. I have to say, I was impress by the effort. As you might know, out of the 40 CDs re-issued, 8 have NEVER been on CD before. Since I already own the rest, I only purchased the 8 exclusives. I think it’s great that fans can now purchase out of print CDs! Of course my favorite is the ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM/JUNGLE CRUISE CD. The complete Enchanted Tiki Room is followed by a Thurl Ravenscroft narrated Jungle Cruise. The Tiki Room sounds better than I have EVER heard it. Wonderful STEREO. I cranked this baby up and it sounded better than being there. There was this Gong sound missing from the current show and mysteriously also from the old WDW Forever version. Well, I’m happy to say it’s back on this CD! The Jungle Cruise features actual sound effects from the attraction down to the original native sounds and tribal music! If you like Tiki, or Disneyland, this has got the be the Grooviest CD around. And the hidden track? Spoiler: When you first press play and it starts playing, hit the rewind button and there it is! It’s a segment from the Tiki Room barker bird talking about the premier. How did they do that? Anyways, get this CDs on your next visit to Disneyland or order it thru DIsneyland's Deliver-Ears at 1 (800) 362-4533. Get ready for a retro trip!

Your friend,
Louis

Louis,

Do they have the Small World sound track. Personally, I could just listen to that, with a gleam in my eye, over and over and over again. I just can't seem to get enough of that little diddy!

MB

I can't operate my car without the Main Street Electrical Light Parade soundtrack.

K

Thanks for the info Louis.

Scotty

A

Robert Sherman, co-writer of "The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room," has died.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-robert-sherman-20120307,0,741658.story

Pages: 1 5 replies