Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Waters Tested! New England Soire: Saturday, Nov 22

Pages: 1 16 replies

Aloha:
I would like to invite Tiki Central Members interested in making the trek up/down here to Vermont to visit and enjoy my "new yet to be named speakeasy underground tiki bar." Please post here if you are interested so I can get a head count.

This event would be a meet and greet for any Tikiphiles in the New England / Montreal area interested in forming a more structured regional group for sharing our mutual love of tiki. Also, my "new yet to be named speakeasy underground tiki bar" is not complete and I would love to have some input in the final stages. Although, I don't have any plans for live music I do plan to have plenty of cocktails, food, and drawing of my extensive vinyl collection, music on hand. The dates I have thought may work are either November 21 or 22 or the following weekend 28 or 29, but please feel free to suggest others. Hope to meet some of you in person.

I have posted soem pics of the unfinished space at this thread:
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7285&forum=1&12

"I like you, man. You're crazy, but I like you."

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2004-01-20 16:07 ]

how long of a drive from nyc?

Hey Brah, thank for your interest...

On 2003-10-10 10:08, Primo Kimo wrote:
Now we're talking! I could not be more excited than to host my fellow tiki centralites for a night of aloha. Driving time from Boston 3.5hrs; from Montreal 1.5hrs; from Providence or NYC 5.0hrs; Portland, Maine 4.0hrs; Washington DC 13.0hrs; San Francisco 72.0hrs. I am about 100 yards from the Burlington Radisson Hotel. I can offer some very uncomfortable accomodations on a cold cement floor for free and there is a seedy motel a few blocks away if you don't mind commingling with the rent by the week crowd. These are the places within walking distance. All the other standard hotel/motels are within a 7 min drive from my place. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2003-11-18 07:46 ]

T

Count me in! The weekend of the 22nd would work better for me, seeing as the following week is Thanksgiving.

~ tikigreg

TC

friday the 21st is ideal for me - but i could MAYBE swing saturday the 22nd.

however, i completely understand if throwing a shindig on a friday is too difficult for you.

T

The weekend of the 22nd would work fine for me.I am sorry I missed the small gathering at the Hu Ke Lau,but I was in Ireland for a few weeks(no tiki to be seen there for sure).Look forward to meeting some New England tikiphiles.

PK

Alright tg, TC and TK:
I have absolutely no problem with Friday the 21st if it suits everyone else (which it seems to). I will tenatively schedule Nov 21st at his point and see how things progress in the next week.

T

Hello Primo,
It looks as if I will have to go in to work for a few hours on Sat.22nd which will force me to back out for Fri night.If all are ok for Sat evening then I am good to go..can be up to Burlington in a few hours.

T

Saturday is good for me.

tg

PK

Aloha:
It looks like Saturday the 22nd will be better for the majority. Let's make it Saturday. TC: firstly: do you still have your helicopter?;) and B: will you be able to make it on Saturday the 22nd?

I won't be able to make it. You kids have a blast, take plenty o' photos & please keep me posted about upcoming new england tiki stuff! One of these days ...

By the way, don't mark your calendars just yet, but the missus & I are thinking about throwing a TC party in late January or February (depending upon the state of our tiki bar - & house! - come the new year).

If anybody wants to go ahead & email or PM me about good/bad dates, etc., I'll make a note.

Have fun,
Tiki Chris

That's cool TC, you'll be sorry, but you are always welcome. Those of you who posted here can cotact me via email for directions and info. Anyone else that wants to show up is invited. Just email at least by November 19th so I can plan for food and beverages.
Mahalo y a hui ho amigos!
See you soon!

5 days left until the greatest Tiki Event EVER...in Vermont.

MC

thanks for the invite! but I won't make it up from NYC either. For such a long drive, my Kahuna and I would have to plan in advance (rent a car, get off from work, etc). Next time!!
mahalo!

Posted below are pics taken after a soft opening party of my "new yet to be named speakeasy underground tiki bar" which sported a very good turnout and a very big hangover. The pics are of the entrance vestibule and of the main bar. Of course I am no where near finished with it. A second bar and booze shelf are to built adjacent to the main bar to create a triangle bar. Also, a bamboo niche for the Witco fountain, a mug display case, wall & ceiling coverings, and a generous sprinkling of flotsam and jetsam are yet to be added.

the entry vestibule

a peek inside

trying to capture the spot lights on droopy

view down the bar

view from bar towards the "record hut"

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2003-11-24 17:43 ]

how'd it go?

Cool job! I love the "Industrial/Tiki fusion" concept!

Pages: 1 16 replies