Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The Magic Castle Houdini Seance-review

Pages: 1 3 replies

L

Especially for Wierd Uncle and others who were interested in this event.

My family (most of us) went to the Magic Castle for my Mom's Birthday on Oct.23. We did the Houdini Seance. I know some have shown interest in doing this for a group of TCers. The dinner was amazing with our own intimate room and staff. The proper wines were served with each course including Brandy or Port with dessert. There is a limited menu but the Filet was so tender-the best I've ever had.

Now as for the actual seance-we all were a bit disappointed. We thought there would be more to it. Nothing really scary and one could easily figure out most of the tricks.
I say if anyone wants to go to the Castle we should just do dinner or drinks and some shows. Some of us were able to stay for three shows, we even cought the last close-up gallery show and were front row making us part of the show. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. We even stayed a little after the last show-which is always the best time because the only people left are all the magicians-who like to try tricks in front of their peers.

My Mom said it was her best Birthday ever. We all loved seeing my Dad out and dressed up (he has had a dibilitating disease for nearly 10 years now, leaving him nearly blind and in a wheelchair with the need of a care giver and he dosen't get out often) Since the Magic Castle is such an old building wheelchair access is not what it should be (most access happened around the back hill or behind the scenes-which was cool) The staff was always there to help.

On one of these detours, the host for the Castle quietly thanked my Dad for being one of the original members from 1963 and told him how it has changed his life along with many others. I thought it was such a sweet gesture and I know it made him feel proud.

The Magic Castle is the best night out and if you ever have a chance to attend-go! I'd love to meet up with TCers there some time but let's just skip the seance.

Thanks for the review, Laney. I have yet to experience the seance and at some point, I'd still like to. Yes, a night at the Castle is, well, a magical experience and as a proud member, I'm so happy to hear of your wonderful night at the club. Let's do put together a Tiki Central night there. I've put out some last minute invites, but let's plan something out. Fun!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

D

I always thought you had to be invited by a member. Is that true or can anyone go?

DawnTiki wrote:[/i]
I always thought you had to be invited by a member. Is that true or can anyone go?

A non-member must either be with a member or have a guest pass from a member to be admitted to The Magic Castle. As a member, I would love to organize another Tiki Central night there. The last time we all got together at the club, they were having a tiki-themed week complete with special tropical cocktails and decor! It was a total surprise and so appropriate. I'll get cracking on figuring out a plan for another fun evening there.

-Weird Unc

Pages: 1 3 replies