Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Bowling shirts, Baddabing and more!

Pages: 1 6 replies

J

[ Edited by: JCruisin on 2003-10-31 14:58 ]

Baddabing Baddaspam!

J

Didn't know this was considered spam... I'll take it down, sorry!

Unga Bunga!

I applaud your efforts, but 'some' members bitched and moaned last time I made a comment about a newbie first post being spam.

It was typically the ones that would bitch and moan if I gave the current weather report...

Do NOT be a free thinker. Fall in line this instant young man!

****** Please Note - I'm Not Making a Comment About A New Member Posting SPAM, I'm Making A Comment to UB. And I do hope those Painful Hemorroids Clear up Soon ******

On 2003-10-31 16:22, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Unga Bunga!
Do NOT be a free thinker. Fall in line this instant young man!

http://www.pa.msu.edu/~nila/wavs/bornwild.wav

Bong, what is your point?

You've been playing the victim recently ... like you're being persecuted for what you say. You seem to want it both ways: the ability to say whatever you want, but also the ablity to blame or guilt others when they do the same.

If you truly did feel beat up in the "What has changed at Tiki Central?" thread then you can't take what you dish out, which is sad. But my guess is you really didn't care what others said and are now just making comments like this to try to get under the skin of the people who did speak up.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve with that, but to a degree it is effective, and it will only make people less-likely to post in the future. That's going to keep the newbies from being anything other than newbies, which from what I could tell was what you were opposed to in your "What has changed at Tiki Central?" thread.

So it seems to me you're helping perpetuate the very thing you were complaining of.

~Hanford

Hanford,
In regards to time, I am still a "TCNewbie", so my opinion (to this matter) might not carry much weight.
But, I really think we need a "advertise your plug here" category, to weed out the mayhem of TIKI and SPAM.
No, I do not want to scare away any future TC members (for we were all one’s ourselves); but if one’s first post is 100% sales with out any regulation/filtration, then TC shall someday only become just another “email box” for freebie/freeloaders.
Hanford, you know better than most of us here, about this new forum political crap.
I have no answers to this topic, but, for the future of Tiki Central, it surely must be addressed.
TC is a forum worth fighting for.
Keep up the awesome work Hanford (and Bongster)!

A Tiki Cheers To You!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-11-01 10:29 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies