Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tretchikoff Green Lady sighting in movie

Pages: 1 8 replies

Last nite I watched the 60's movie ALFIE, starring Michael Caine, and near the end there is a scene where he stands in front of a mantel with Shelley Winters, and ( I may spell this wrong) Tretchikoff's Green Lady hangs above. I nearly flew out of my chair and hit rewind to make sure I was not hallucinating.

I recently saw her in a scene in the semi current film,"Laurel Canyon", that took place either in the lobby or a hotel room of the Chateau Marmot in LA.

It also shows up in "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels."

And Chumbawamba used that painting as their cover on Slap! (their 1990 release).

And there's also an altered version of her on the cover of "The Sound Gallery Volume One", a strange little CD of classic British mood music.
http://www.chaoskitty.com/t_chaos/scamp/scmpsg.html

There's also a green lady in the background of the Monty Python sketch about the sexual habits of mollusks.

On 2003-11-03 06:51, Johnny Dollar wrote:
There's also a green lady in the background of the Monty Python sketch about the sexual habits of mollusks.

Wow! I just saw that one last night and I was staring at that green lady. Too weird!

I think the print to the left of the blue lady in the Monty Python mollusk sex sketch is also a Tretchikoff.

I just saw a print of the green lady in a "Dr Who" episode.

Pages: 1 8 replies